DIY Pullouts, pouches and pockets

R_burg

They're just plastic teeth on the zippers so decent scissors or a rotary cutter work fine.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Oh sweet, I didn't know that they were plastic. Thanks!

Anything in particular that can be a PITA when making these pullouts I should warn her about? It seems basic but I don't really know anything.

Gunnersdad49

I read this, realized I suck at following directions, and then just winged it on a few of my own. My technique was as follows:
1, get bored waiting on the girlfriend while she is at the craft store, and buy a couple of zippers
2, get made fun of by girlfriend for buying zippers at a craft store
3, sit down, guesstimate how much fabric I need, sew the zipper onto the fabric, creating a cylinder, open on both ends, but joined by the zipper.
4, Lay the cylinder flat, zipper inside out, but centered at the top.
5, stitch both ends shut, creating an inside out, ugly pullout.
6, invert the entire kit and caboodle, and impress myself with how well that hides my terrible sewing.

I made a couple before realizing I wanted pull tabs to oppose the zipper. A few tweaks, and these are all over in my pack. Well worth the time.

dkime

View attachment 83873

Alright guys and gals, here it is. My third attempt at a pullout after the first two were promptly filed in the garbage can. I couldn't be more proud of how it turned out or how thankful I am for this thread (pun intended) I have some RBTR materials showing up this week to make a few light weight versions but will be replicating something similar to this. If anyone could enlighten me on how to make the zipper run across the top of the pouch and down the sides like the taller bag on the first page it would greatly be appreciated. I attempted and failed miserably.

Tailz190

View attachment 83873

Alright guys and gals, here it is. My third attempt at a pullout after the first two were promptly filed in the garbage can. I couldn't be more proud of how it turned out or how thankful I am for this thread (pun intended) I have some RBTR materials showing up this week to make a few light weight versions but will be replicating something similar to this. If anyone could enlighten me on how to make the zipper run across the top of the pouch and down the sides like the taller bag on the first page it would greatly be appreciated. I attempted and failed miserably.
DKime are you talking about a box bag if so check out ripstop by the rolls website - lots of ideas -
https://ripstopbytheroll.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002141992-ZPP-Kit-Tutorial-Video?mobile_site=true

I tried my first attempt with some Silnylon from them with some waterproof zippers thanks to this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dkime

woodbird

I would really enjoying making stuff like this. Now to convince my wife a sewing machine is HER idea....🤔