Blacktail Wa?

landis07

FNG
No
Muzzy and modern
I suck with a bow I my as well throw the bow at it as I got a better chance of hitting it

OP
Jason277

Jason277

WKR
I got my first Blacktail last year with a muzzleloader. I'm hunting 20 gauge slug barrel in centerfire restricted area. Archery elk though. Archery takes a ton of practice constantly!

NWRoger

FNG
Some good info on here, thanks everyone. I have a general season rifle tag. From Scouting earlier this year, and recent bear hunts in the 548 area, I’ve seen a good amount of deer bedded on those few high open northern facing slopes. They mill around and then move sw around 0615. The bucks stay bedded a little longer. Good luck everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

landis07

FNG
It’s going to be a decent year if we get some “crappy “ good weather aka rain,wind and cold temperatures
Good luck and keep posting!
Jake

landis07

FNG
A little barely 4x5
503f5182efd481f347c194047222476b.jpg

I got the multiseaon tag this year. I'm missing the high buck this year due to work. Mt. Baker Wilderness. I hunt 418 and 407. I also got Second deer for Lopez Island. I really want a high country buck. Still trying to figure them out. Great thread here. Thanks all!

OP
Jason277

Jason277

WKR
Awesome , blacktails are beyond difficult to figure out! I can't wait to see some bucks down!

kirkthoma

FNG
Don't pass up a buck you would shoot on the last day... it tooke years to get one but I get one nearly every year now. get away from people, find the deer. especially in heavy pressured areas, hunt the drainages and holes nobody else does.

OP
Jason277

Jason277

WKR
I've only seen one mature blacktail during hunting season. I never had a chance to let a younger buck pass by. It was the first legal buck deer I've seen in three years. Now I'm screwed.

I got the multiseaon tag this year. I'm missing the high buck this year due to work. Mt. Baker Wilderness. I hunt 418 and 407. I also got Second deer for Lopez Island. I really want a high country buck. Still trying to figure them out. Great thread here. Thanks all!
We usually see some big ones in velvet, week before the opener they’re gone! I also hunt those units but mainly for bear.

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
Buddy practically shot one off of a doe Wednesday night out on the Olympic peninsula. I always say the rut starts it get going about now & peaks the next 2 weeks. Hoping to find a dopey one in love in the morning for my boy

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys new to the forum but I like to hunt the shit out of blacktail here in 460 and 454. Passed on quite a few young bucks during early archery but have multi season and drew a second deer tag for 454. Rifle season has been pretty uneventful so far!