Blaze merino wool beanie, good ear coverage, not Stormy Kromer

Leverwalker

Lil-Rokslider
Just looking for a good beanie in blaze for cold weather, with good ear coverage. We use cotton for mild weather, and have wool crushers in cold, but looking for a good merino beanie. First Lite's Buff v. Minus33?

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
Minus 33 has a good beanie in blaze orange Merino. Not too heavy, yet good coverage and doesn't break the bank.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Agross

WKR
I have the first lite tag cuff beanie and the minus’s 33. The first lite is thicker and warmer.

OP
Leverwalker

Leverwalker

Lil-Rokslider
OK, thanks for the input guys. Looks like the Minus is a quality beanie, but a bit thinner, so better for more moderate temps. Might just get both. Thanks again.

I'm a pretty big fan of the First Lite Cuff beanie. It's merino, fits my head well, and does everything else a beanie should. Mine isnt orange, but it's lasted about 8 seasons and is still going strong.

OP
Leverwalker

Leverwalker

Lil-Rokslider
Guys I should have specified, we hunt on the move for whitetails. Might inform some of the suggestions. Thanks.

Lowg08

WKR
What do you like about the brimmed v. cuff beanie?
It is surprising how much that little bill can help with sun and such. I also like the way it keeps the front of a normal beanie off my eyebrows. I also like a how it can cast just a little shadow on my face for some break up. I only whitetail hunt in low deer density mountains. So anything I even think whether it does or not helps I do it. Lastly. It is embarrassing to my son when I try to where them out in public.

OP
Leverwalker

Leverwalker

Lil-Rokslider
It is surprising how much that little bill can help with sun and such. I also like the way it keeps the front of a normal beanie off my eyebrows. I also like a how it can cast just a little shadow on my face for some break up. I only whitetail hunt in low deer density mountains. So anything I even think whether it does or not helps I do it.

Excellent. Thanks. And....sold.

Lastly. It is embarrassing to my son when I try to where them out in public.

Mudpuddle

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like you may have already made your choice, but I'll throw in my two cents in case it helps someone else. I've got the Firstlite tag cuff in blaze orange and overall I really like it. It's not incredibly thick, but you can double it up over the ears and is reasonably warm with a good amount of elasticity to it.

My one criticism is the blaze isn't as bright and noticeable as a true blaze orange. Meaning it doesn't stand out or pop in low light conditions. Overall I still think it's a good hat and I would buy it again.

OP
Leverwalker

Leverwalker

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like you may have already made your choice, but I'll throw in my two cents in case it helps someone else. I've got the Firstlite tag cuff in blaze orange and overall I really like it. It's not incredibly thick, but you can double it up over the ears and is reasonably warm with a good amount of elasticity to it.

My one criticism is the blaze isn't as bright and noticeable as a true blaze orange. Meaning it doesn't stand out or pop in low light conditions. Overall I still think it's a good hat and I would buy it again.
Thanks, no, not decided yet. I just appreciated the thought that anything we can do to embarrass our kids with what we wear out in public, well,....lol.

Ever try the Minus 33? Significantly cheaper, and again looking for on the move. But don't like to buy twice, if the FL is worth the high price point.

Mudpuddle

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, no, not decided yet. I just appreciated the thought that anything we can do to embarrass our kids with what we wear out in public, well,....lol.

Ever try the Minus 33? Significantly cheaper, and again looking for on the move. But don't like to buy twice, if the FL is worth the high price point.
I haven't tried the Minus 33. I'm sure FL is charging for their brand name to a degree. I mean it's a good product, but it's also a simple merino beanie.

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
I have had the minus 33 beanie for about 5 years now and still going strong. Like the FL one, it's not as bright as a blaze orange fleece beanie but it works. It's the perfect weight in my opinion. I wear it unfolded if I'm hot or fold over once if it's cooler out. No regrets for this price.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk