Blaze Orange Pack Covers Kifaru Duplex Timberline 1

gelton

WKR
I recently ordered the Kifaru DT1 in the Highlander Camo pattern along with a grab it. The problem that I am facing is that I usually hunt Colorado Elk during rifle season and the blaze orange regs (as most of you know) require a blaze orange pack cover. I already own one from Cabelas that is big enough to cover the entire pack and it is waterproof - BUT - it is loud and who wants to take an awesome camo pattern and cover it in blaze orange? Not me.

It seems to me that the simplest solution would be a blaze orange grab it (which is available) AND a blaze orange lid (which isn't available) So the question is two fold - 1. Why doesn't Kifaru offer this sort of solution and 2. If they did, would it pass the requirements of 500 square inches of blaze orange to be visible based on Colorado law?

Any other solutions beyond these would be greatly appreciated as well.

Buckman

WKR
I had the good people at Wilderness Pack Specialties make me a blaze panel that will clip to the sides of my T-1. I had to buy some plastic clips to mate up. Only small issue was that it covered the back pockets. Its was cheap too, in price not quality.

OP
G

gelton

WKR
Appreciate the responses. Of course there is always the tried and true vest that one can zip up around it. There is just something within me that refuses to take a $700 pack and rig it up with a $30 vest.

I heard the eberlestocks were pretty heavy...think at this point Buckmans solution looks good but one from Kifaru built specifically for their packs would be waay cooler.

What dimensions and fabrics did you ask for from wilderness pack specialties buckman? Just curious.

MattB

WKR
Back when Kifaru only had black packs, I had Gary at Day One Camo make me a MAX-1 fleece pack cover. I bet he could do you one in blaze orange.

Buckman

WKR
Gelton The panel I had made is 25 ins. long by 9 ins. wide it has 4 black straps across it with adjustable snap buckels on them. If I remember right it is the same one they make for their packs in camo. She told me that they had never made one in blaze, I got the first one. The fabric is slick but I don't know what you would call it maybe condura? I think I paid 15 bucks plus shipping. It works great, simple to use.

OP
G

gelton

WKR
Appreciate all the help guys. Was following the thread below and it looks like hillpeople gear have a small day pack called a highlander that fits on the duplex frame that you can attach a shelf to and use as a compression pack...one of those in blaze orange would solve the issue (of course they dont make it in blaze orange.) Not that the T1 needs more space but it could serve as the blaze orange outside of the timberline while packing in or hunting and you could detach the T1 and use just the day pack and the frame for day hunting from camp. Had I saw the highlander first I probably would have purchased a T2 and added it to it. In the meantime I will continue to check out the handi pack. (my T1 hasnt even been delivered yet)

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/show...frame-and-cargo-panel-pockets-for-day-hunting