Bloodshot Meat

Bullet selection is a tough thing. All it takes is one bad experience to make you question your selection.
That it is. I don't have nearly the amount of big game under my belt as many on here (13 Whitetails and 1 Caribou) but have found this to be true. Shot placement plays a large role in blood shot meat. I've lost whole whitetail shoulders from the amount of damage done to them. Southern deer don't have much meat there so a shoulder shot can easily ruin a shoulder.

It depends on what your goal is. Trophy hunters just want the game on the ground, collateral damage of meat is not a concern. Meat hunters want a clean kill with minimal meat damage. The risk with the latter is the possibility of minimal blood loss and long tracks.

Ive had good results with the h&h being able to just about eat up to the hole...but, if you bust up bone, which is sharp, it'll cause massive trauma to deal with. I haven't found the accubond to be anything but great in my h&h.

A .375 H&H is huge, so for me I would expect massive damage. I’d recommend getting another gun more tailored to white-tail hunting, such as a .270 or 308 win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back