BOAL'D Case Files, The Conclusion

some of the OG meme posters from the original thread aren't getting the love.... Thats alright peperidge farm remembers
It was an honor to stand shoulder to shoulder with you gents in the great WKR meme war, holding our ground for thousands of posts while our friends, families, and responsibilities languished around us all but forgotten...

It was an honor to stand shoulder to shoulder with you gents in the great WKR meme war, holding our ground for thousands of posts while our friends, families, and responsibilities languished around us all but forgotten...
I wish I knew how to add the RS symbol, but no time to figure it out - need to cram 100s of hours of lost work productivity into this last month of the year!
46134D34-8F64-4C07-A1F8-D87C244D829D.jpeg

So Idaho considers "dying from getting shot" natural causes?
No, Idaho does not consider that natural causes. I didn't capture the full context that I intended.

I was pointing out that since the OG WKR did not kill the buck, it is illegal for him to keep any part of it. I was also trying to distinguish that action from finding a natural deadhead. Since it is illegal for him to keep any part of an animal that died of unnatural causes (i.e. shot), I wonder how he can be charged with wanton waste. Not only did he have no legal obligation to salvage any meat from the carcass, but it is illegal for him to do so. The crime he committed is illegal possession of wildlife or wildlife parts.

Once an animal is shot and killed the only person who can legally tag and take possession of it is the hunter who killed it. I don't see how anyone other than the hunter who killed it is responsible for salvaging meat. Unless, the court is somehow ruling that due to OG WKR's actions, the remainder of the carcass was unsalvageable when OG Drama llama and the IDFG officer arrived to investigate. Even then it seems like a stretch and, why not charge him with illegal possession also?

Jethro

WKR
No, Idaho does not consider that natural causes. I didn't capture the full context that I intended.

I was pointing out that since the OG WKR did not kill the buck, it is illegal for him to keep any part of it. I was also trying to distinguish that action from finding a natural deadhead. Since it is illegal for him to keep any part of an animal that died of unnatural causes (i.e. shot), I wonder how he can be charged with wanton waste. Not only did he have no legal obligation to salvage any meat from the carcass, but it is illegal for him to do so. The crime he committed is illegal possession of wildlife or wildlife parts.

Once an animal is shot and killed the only person who can legally tag and take possession of it is the hunter who killed it. I don't see how anyone other than the hunter who killed it is responsible for salvaging meat. Unless, the court is somehow ruling that due to OG WKR's actions, the remainder of the carcass was unsalvageable when OG Drama llama and the IDFG officer arrived to investigate. Even then it seems like a stretch and, why not charge him with illegal possession also?
This is just how I interpret the story. Original post says that OG WKR shot an arrow through the carcass. No other reason to do that other than to claim he shot the buck. Assume he tug it. Now his story is he shot it, he tug it, its his. Makes him responsible for salvaging the meat. Which he did not. That is a slam dunk case for GW to make as all the evidence is right there to prove the crime. Allows GW to seize the horns.

Much more time consuming and costly to try to prove who actually shot it in court and certainly not as strong as a case as wanton waste sitting on the mountain. Bad guy gets a fine, OG Dramallama gets his BOAL, WKR's get closure.

Again, just my interpretation.

This is just how I interpret the story. Original post says that OG WKR shot an arrow through the carcass. No other reason to do that other than to claim he shot the buck. Assume he tug it. Now his story is he shot it, he tug it, its his. Makes him responsible for salvaging the meat. Which he did not. That is a slam dunk case for GW to make as all the evidence is right there to prove the crime. Allows GW to seize the horns.

Much more time consuming and costly to try to prove who actually shot it in court and certainly not as strong as a case as wanton waste sitting on the mountain. Bad guy gets a fine, OG Dramallama gets his BOAL, WKR's get closure.

Again, just my interpretation.
That's the only explanation that starts to make sense for me. They charged and prosecuted him as though he did kill the buck and left a portion of the meat. Now, if that is the case, on what authority can the IDFG return the antlers to OG Drama llama if he never legally possessed them beforehand. Usually seized trophies become the possession of the state and get auctioned off. If the courts/IDFG are acknowledging that OG Drama llama killed the buck and is the rightful owner they must have had enough evidence, and then I am back to my original question about how the defendant wasn't charged with illegal possession.

It doesn't really matter at this point, so I won't continue to clutter the thread with my pontifications.

WCB

WKR
All I know is imma start some serious pack training, that way when I come across a dead boal I can strap it on full body, hide hair, guts and get outta there. The original boal shooter will think aliens obducted it.

Then I can place it in a location of my choice. All propped up in a bed and shoot a sweet influencer video where I sneak into a sleeping boal and arrow him. But ill drop the camera on the shot so there's no footage of him running off mortality wounded. It will just cut to me and a magazine cover grip and grin.
Please provide a list of your BOAL recovery kit you run...I'm thinking of putting bleach in mine to clean up the blood trail and original kill site. Maybe a second spray bottle for my scene recreation and a hair and beard net so I don't leave any of my hair samples for DNA testing.

Jethro

WKR
That's the only explanation that starts to make sense for me. They charged and prosecuted him as though he did kill the buck and left a portion of the meat. Now, if that is the case, on what authority can the IDFG return the antlers to OG Drama llama if he never legally possessed them beforehand. Usually seized trophies become the possession of the state and get auctioned off. If the courts/IDFG are acknowledging that OG Drama llama killed the buck and is the rightful owner they must have had enough evidence, and then I am back to my original question about how the defendant wasn't charged with illegal possession.

It doesn't really matter at this point, so I won't continue to clutter the thread with my pontifications.
One more, and then I'm done too. Post 1 has the copy of the actual property disposition form. It lists several ways in which IDFG can dispose of property. In this case, "other" was marked. Antlers legally transferred to Dramallama the same way the warden would have transferred seized edible meat to somebody for consumption.

Court adjourned.

Not entirely accurate. They had nearly 100 shooters until the new website came out. I didnt renew my contract, but you can bet if this Juan dude was on their team, he is done now. lol

Wait, memes have to be factually correct now??

I don't know of any contingency they pay in the Pro classes except to 2 people, hence the meme.

+1 to @Jethro explanation. Getting convictions is messy, crimes must be proven beyond a reasonable doub, and retrials are tough to get too. So the iron-clad case for a less serious crime with lesser penalties is often prosecuted just to make sure that something is done.

Often, the police and DA will make any and all possible charges so a plea deal can be made. Consider the guy charged with sexual assault, battery, kidnapping, weapon enhancement, brandishing, ect. and pleading to battery. That's a win: conviction w/o a trial. One of the drawbacks of this type of enforcement/conviction is that a few years later someone suggests an early release b/c "only convicted of battery" which is probably much less than what actually happened. The conviction record doesn't necessarily reflect what happened during the crime.

In this case, wanton waste was an easy conviction b/c the perp's own testimony provided all the evidence needed for the conviction.

KHNC

WKR
Wait, memes have to be factually correct now??

I don't know of any contingency they pay in the Pro classes except to 2 people, hence the meme.
Well, ol guilty CC was on the shooting team same as me for many years. Looks like he has deleted his social media accounts. He was not pro team person. You are correct on Tim and Paige, however, anyone can qualify for contingency at ASA and IBO. They have a team of Ambassadors and regional promotional team shooters as well. I saw the name and was like WTF! I always thought he was legit dude. Obviously not the case.

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
So if you shoot an already dead BOAL after legal shooting hours, what charges would that incur ?

WKR wrath and judgment to eternal damnation ? But I’m new to the entire issue and missed all the previous posts. So I wouldn’t trust my input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk