Bog deathgrip

OP
Smid

Smid

WKR
Any info on this guy who sells adapter, interested in putting a ball head on mine

34548B13-ED10-4C19-9411-8CAA07473435.png

Sorry, wanted to make sure he was okay with me posting his info first. I think it was somewhere between $40-50 but don’t remember exactly, it’s been a few months. I’ve had no issues with it, seems pretty well made

tak

WKR
Bringing this up to the top.

Anyone have pictures of a ball head or leveling head on the Death Grip legs o rthe adapter mentioned above?

I've got a death grip, but would like a better head. I see one hex screw underneath the head, but not sure if that's how it comes off. I didn't know the head could be removed from these.
TIA!

OP
Smid

Smid

WKR
Bringing this up to the top.

Anyone have pictures of a ball head or leveling head on the Death Grip legs o rthe adapter mentioned above?

I've got a death grip, but would like a better head. I see one hex screw underneath the head, but not sure if that's how it comes off. I didn't know the head could be removed from these.
TIA!
I believe I took the clamp and screws off, then undid the screw underneath the neck and went from there. I wish I had better pictures, I’ve since moved to an RRS tripod and leveling base
6F78F2EE-BBCB-4F5A-BA29-FAC20B26BB95.pngFEEFC6B1-9416-4CF6-8531-4008B2DB8E84.png

tak

WKR
I believe I took the clamp and screws off, then undid the screw underneath the neck and went from there. I wish I had better pictures, I’ve since moved to an RRS tripod and leveling base
View attachment 310091View attachment 310092

Thanks!

You like the leveling base?
I'm not opposed to spending the money on RRS if I use it, I'm just not sure if I'll use it enough. Which I why I'm considering converting my Bog.

OP
Smid

Smid

WKR
Thanks!

You like the leveling base?
I'm not opposed to spending the money on RRS if I use it, I'm just not sure if I'll use it enough. Which I why I'm considering converting my Bog.

I really like the leveling base compared to the ballhead. It has a lot of movement, but the ballhead almost had too much. The leveling base is just a slight turn and locked down much quicker than the ballhead did. The only downfall would be extreme angle shooting but I dont think that’s an issue for majority of people. The RRS tripod is obviously much sturdier than the bog but it’s not making me kill anymore dogs. My buddy has the two vets no name tripod and it’s probably a better value for what it is, but I do like American made and what’s an extra few hundred when I’m already deep into the pocket book lol

here’s my setup now

C147E2F3-EA19-4A6C-80F7-D43FCA09D1AB.jpeg

tak

WKR
I really like the leveling base compared to the ballhead. It has a lot of movement, but the ballhead almost had too much. The leveling base is just a slight turn and locked down much quicker than the ballhead did. The only downfall would be extreme angle shooting but I dont think that’s an issue for majority of people. The RRS tripod is obviously much sturdier than the bog but it’s not making me kill anymore dogs. My buddy has the two vets no name tripod and it’s probably a better value for what it is, but I do like American made and what’s an extra few hundred when I’m already deep into the pocket book lol

here’s my setup now

View attachment 310132

Very nice!
I know what you mean! What's another 1K with what we have in rifles, optics, etc... : )

Bought the carbon fiber one for my young daughters who are just starting to get into shooting and hunting. Couldn’t be happier as it’s a very stable setup for them to start learning