Bombproof Gaiters?

BLJ

WKR
One of my hunting clients that lives in Maryland and that hunts Florida, Maryland, Pennsylvania and Colorado every year, swears by those gaiters you referred to in the link you posted - the OR Ochre's.

BLJ

WKR
Perfect. If they work in PA/MD, they’ll work for me in WV. Thanks.

Bought first lite gaiters because the SGs were out of stock and I’m really impressed. I’ll be able to give a better review in October after they’ve been out for sheep, moose, and bou.

dtrkyman

WKR
I tore my KUIU yukons crossing a barb wire fence(legally!) Patched them on the inside that day with a piece of duct tape, that was 5 years ago and the tape is still there and the tear has not changed.

Had the OR gators and tore a hole through them last year. Customer service sent me some tape. I’ll be going with peax for my next pair.

yfarm

WKR
If you buy OR crocs be familiar with the sizing relative to your boots. I bought a pr of Exped crocs med and the bottom was sized for a plastic mountaineering or felt pac boot way too large, bottom of gaiter was loose around the boot. Also the exped is a heavier material that is noisy compared with the regular crocs. Ended up with regular crocs size small fit a Lathrop Mountain hunter size 9.5 perfectly, fabric is softer and quieter.

Check out T & K Hunting Gear's leg gaiters. Solid and virtually bombproof. Backed by a lifetime warranty. Says a lot when the owner has his cell phone number available to his customers. Tyler has always been quick to reply to questions on social media and on the phone. Veteran owned company with 100% American made/sourced materials. The few extra bucks you will spend are more than worth it.

Just my $0.02.

arrowman

FNG
Stone Glacier or Outdoor Research -- Outdoor Research just dropped a new OR PRO line (their tactical mil spec gear) and it could be solid crossover gear.

akbrett

FNG
kuiu yukons have by far been the most reliable gaiter for me. they seem to fit extremely well around my boot and seal out water better than others.

last fall i got a new set of OR expeditions for work and had to return 2 sets to rei after they both broke on the bottom buckle. that being said i have used and abused numerous sets of OR gaiters previously without that issue.

really like the looks and the material of the SG gaiter. hunting partner i go with has been fighting those things left and right. from the bottom buckle continuously loosening and having to tie a half hitch in the end to the bottom dyneema cord balling up with snow in the winter

deadend88

Lil-Rokslider
I've been running the Kryptek Takur gaiters for the last two seasons and I love them. That said, I have run the OR's previously and you cannot go wrong with them.