Book cliffs elk water sources

My wife drew the Book Cliffs Bitter Creek archery tag this year. She was well under max points so just got really lucky. I have spent almost no time in the unit so I am hoping to get in some solid scouting over the next few weeks. I am sure the bulls will be focused on what water is available especially early in the hunt. I am worried that with the drought this year a lot of the water I am seeing on maps might be dried up by the time the hunt rolls around. Does anyone have any tips for identifying water sources down there that will be more likely than others? Any areas down there to absolutely avoid? From looking at maps I have a few areas I want to look into. I also wouldn’t mind a suggestion on drainages to start looking in if you happen to know the unit. Should be a fun hunt no matter what but would love to get her into some bulls .

Having hunted the Book Cliffs on the CO side, I'd mention that you will see cattle tanks at the edges of the plateaus. In my experience, pretty decent chance any one of them could be dry, and if there is water in there, it might be mud and piss and dead bees and flies.

There are some springs, and even some that aren't on the USGS maps. I also met a guy in the field who's also on Rokslide that hauled in pick axe's and shovels and developed his own spring fed water sources. Sweat equity is right, I think -- I'd probably spend scouting time focusing on finding water.