Boot ideas

Philsummers21

Lil-Rokslider
K I’ve always went cheap and had fairly good luck. I’ve ran mostly keens for the last 8ish years for work and hunting. Well this year I had my first real hard pack out. My feet instantly hurt about 1/2 mile into the pack and I realized then and there it’s time to spend some cash on a nice boot. So here’s my requests. I want a comfortable boot both loaded and empty, waterproof yet breathes, 0 to little insulation, lightweight, 8”ish height. I’ve never had a stiff boot so
Can’t say if I’d like, my feet usually aren’t picky, never get blisters, size 12 usually fits, not wide nor narrow. Typical hunt/hike is 3 miles with a 30# pack. Max is maybe 10 miles a day. When packing out I stay below 100# total like to be closer to 60-70. I’m a bigger guy @ 240 so already have some weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowelk

WKR
I have had zamberlan 980 outfitter, lowa tibet gtx, crispi thor, and kenetrek mountain extreme. The kenetrek's are by far the most comfortable I have had. They definitely look the best too if that kind of thing matters to you.

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
This is a non hunting brand but I bought some mammut trovats for $128 on sale and also have a pair of crispi valdres. I used them both elk hunting this year. For $100 less you get all the boot you want I think.

https://www.whitesboots.com/#/product/2382

The White's boot is incredible. I got a pair last fall and hunted until the end of the season with them. My feet tend to run warm so I got the uninsulated model and they kept my feet warm and dry even hunting in deep snow and cold conditions. I would seriously contact these folks. They can tell you how to measure your foot and send in the trace and will build a boot to fit you if you wish. There is a boot company where I live that carries Whites boots and they measured my feet for me and sent in the order for the boots. Took about a month and I had them. They should still make it and if they do request the Montana Claw lug sole. It is the best overall traction sole I have ever seen or used period!

David

I have struggled with plantar fasciitis. Setteled on running the Keen's as a work boot for years. They really seem to fit my feet well. However the aren't great quality or very stiff/stable for backpacking. I tried Crispy and Scarpa before stumbling over Zamberlan. The Zamberlan's fit my feet very well, like the Keen's. Maybe be something to look at.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I use the Salomons for general hunting in the mountains, then when I have to pack heavy, Lowa Hunter GTX or Kenetrek. I have the same thing happen, when I am hunting, the Salomons are outstanding, then if I start hauling meat or carry a very heavy pack, my feet and arches start to hurt. With the Lowas and Kenetreks, no pain at all!

thewileyone

Lil-Rokslider
I love my Soloman Quests for most hiking and have some Crispi Guides for hunting and when I want taller boots. I’ve had Lowas and Whites... also great boots! I think my Soloman’s and Crispi’s are the most comfortable boots I’ve ever had.