Boot Insole Recommendation

wirehead

Lil-Rokslider
I saw Brian Call recommend a set of boot soles on one of his videos - no way I’ll be able to go back and find it. Does anyone know what they were or, by chance, Brian - are you out there?

What boot insoles do you folks recommend? I’ve got a pair of Miendl Vakuum Hunter boots.

Last edited:
I saw Brian Call recommend a set of boot soles on one of his videos - no way I’ll be able to go back and find it. Does anyone know what they were or, by chance, Brian - are you out there?
I think he's sponsored by or associated with Sheep Feet so probably those, assuming you mean insoles. I do not believe he is on this forum but I could be wrong on that.

OP
wirehead

wirehead

Lil-Rokslider
why you asking for recommendations from a sponsored poacher?
lol I pushed that button, I see.

Didn’t know he was sponsored on his boot soles - that’s changes things. Kind of silly…

Maybe we steer clear of a discussion on poaching accusationzzz

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Insoles are very personal for someone's preference and their feet. I've been using Superfeet orange now for about 13 or 14 years in multiple different boots and shoes. They work great for me and my feet. But honestly, I didn't try all of them....or even a lot of them.

sivart

WKR
I tried an Obez brand. Didn't work. They raised my heel too much and caused blisters. I'm still looking myself. Just bought some Dr shouls from Walmart to try

Bangstick

FNG

What boot insoles do you folks recommend? I’ve got a pair of Miendl Vakuum Hunter boots.
I have bad feet problems and have used insoles for 20 years. I have used custom orthotics from good feet store and sheep feet. They are all about the same and do a good job. One problem with the super feet is the material they use doesn’t wick moisture and so your feet get sweaty and slick.
The best and cheapest for hiking boots is SUPER FEET. you can get thick, thin, high arch low arch. They make a pair you can heat in the oven and customize to your foot. I have a pair that is wool and work great in the boots i lion hunt in

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
They only have a 1-2 year life, but both the Dr Scholls Running insole and the Dr Scholls Massaging Gel Work insoles were a gamechanger from the Redwing ones I used to use on everything

Theyre also very inexpensive

Sled

WKR
I've worn orthotics as a kid, for skiing and hunting in the past. I've been happy with tread labs for a basic hiking footbed and I use them in most of my footwear. I had sheepsfeet that did not work out. I don't know what they did wrong but they tried to fix it and it still didn't work. $250 down the drain.

Samson7x

WKR
I finally broke down and tried sheepfeet when they were running a sale. So far I have been very pleased with them. Have hiked 50mi within a few days on them so far with no pain or fatigue. Previously tried several superfeet and oboz.

KenLee

WKR
why you asking for recommendations from a sponsored poacher?
Poachers seem like a good reference for boot insoles.
Poachers have to take care of their feet, as they never know when an all out sprint may be necessary.
I don't know the man, so no commentary on him personally.