Boot rotation

I wanted to see what everyone‘s thoughts were on rotating boots during a hunt. I run a fair amount and usually rotate between 3 different running shoes. Each with their own different characteristics. It tends to keep my feet and legs fresh if I do this. I just got through with a 2 week archery hunt and I rotated boots (schnees kestrel and salewa repace). After two weeks my legs seemed fresher and given the extra drying time my boots did not get as saturated with water. Does anyone else do this? Thoughts?

I rotated between three pairs of boots in CO over the past 3 weeks. Even with a boot dryer, it was hard to keep them dry.

txtransplant

Lil-Rokslider
I’m planning on it while truck hunting this year, yeah. I certainly wouldn’t lug an extra pair into the backcountry though.

No, I wear the same pair of boots every day during a hunt. The only exception to that, would be on a day when I'll have to swap out my mountaineering boots for a pair of insulated hip waders.

I tend to eventually rotate if I’m hunting out of truck. I don’t like WB boots, so if it wet and dries back out I rotate back into leather lined boots and vise versa

If I’m close to the truck I rotate. Depending on weather and terrain, usually between Zamberlan Baltoro and Schnees Granite. Also do this on pack outs, after getting to the truck change socks/boots.