Boots too big! Help!

staehlej

FNG
I've run a pair of Crispi Nevada's for two seasons. The left boot has a crease that runs the width of the boot right at the top of my toe line. It digs into my toes and causes pain after a long day of hiking.

I contacted Crispi and they state this crease is a result of the boot being too big. They are recommending heel inserts to push my foot forward.

Turns out my left foot is smaller than my right so purchasing a size down won't work.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? What helped you solve it?

-Jeff

Attachments

• 20190524_071903.jpg
    20190524_071903.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 50

elkduds

WKR
Thicker footbeds will take up some volume. I know guys who use an extra footbed when one foot is smaller than the other.

Cfree76

FNG
I've run a pair of Crispi Nevada's for two seasons. The left boot has a crease that runs the width of the boot right at the top of my toe line. It digs into my toes and causes pain after a long day of hiking.

I contacted Crispi and they state this crease is a result of the boot being too big. They are recommending heel inserts to push my foot forward.

Turns out my left foot is smaller than my right so purchasing a size down won't work.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? What helped you solve it?

-Jeff
I have the same problem with odd sized feet and the inserts really are the only solution ive come across.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
What causes that is the constant flexing during climbs, regardless what size boots you have on. Then the boots get wet and dry that way with the crease pointing down on top of your toes. I've had that happen to a lot of boots, but after drying from being wet.......that crease gets hard.

I just keep applying something like Sno-seal beeswax to keep that part as supple as possible and stuff the boot when not in use to try to push the crease out.

xcutter

WKR
If they don't hurt your feet just wear them. Wouldn't worry about it as long as they do not cause blisters or discomfort. I'm a believer in Kenetrek Boot Wax. Keeps boots leather in good condition with regular use.