Crispi guide issue

disquek

FNG
A couple of weeks ago i bought a pair of Crispi Guides (insulated).

They fit great in the store. I typically wear a 12, but I ended up with a 13 in the Guides. The sales person was also a 12 and ended up with 13 Crispis. I tried on the 12s and 12.5s. They were too short. With my foot slid all the way forward, I can just get a finger in behind my heel. I have a high arch, and thus a pretty high volume foot. Not very wide. Typically a D. Average heel width. Also worth noting that the 13 footbed from Crispi are the exact same length as my last boots in a 12 (Whites). My left foot is very slightly (less than a 1/2 size) bigger than my right. Long story longer, these are the right size for me.

The issue is after about 30 miles these have (for want of a better way to put it) a love handle at the inside heel of the right boot. See the picture. It's very clear in that pic. The top part of this (the seam) rubs on my foot below the ankle. It also makes for a sloppy fit. The left boot is pretty good.

Also, to get them to not heel slip I run them pretty tight. After a hike the top of my foot is a little numb as well as some of my big toe. Running them looser, I can feel a little heel slip. I didn't have these issues with my Whites.

Crispi is offering to have me send them in to look at. But the CS rep was wriggling like crazy. I get the feeling they wont warranty them (but who know). I leave for a Montana elk trip at the end of the month. So figuring that sending them to Crispi will take two weeks round trip, they'd be too late to get broke in before I leave. Sucks to be me.

Anyone else have similar quality issues with these boots? I'm sure many of you got good ones. I want to hear if some of you got lemons like these?

Attachments

• crispis.jpg
    crispis.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 47
OP
D

disquek

FNG
Thanks! I've tried surgeons knots and the heel lock method to try to reduce movement with less pressure.

I was going to try skipping some eyelets over the forefoot. But once that "love handle" formed on the right boot, I gave up on them.