Bourbon

jfs82

WKR
Go to mixer is wild turkey 101 or maker's mark cask strength.

For sipping I mainly go for elijah craig barrel proof or larceny barrel proof, wild turkey rare breed or russels reserve single barrels. Stagg jr when I can find it. Four roses small batch select is high quality too.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I’ve had all the Pappy’s, they are over rated and so is Blantons. Blanton’s Gold is much better.

Weller 107, Old Forester 1920, and Wild Turkey Rare Breed are my favorites that one can find. Any EH Taylor small batch or my couple local store barrel picks are always excellent. Four Roses OSBO is my favorite of their ten.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
If you ever see a Widow Jane Decadence, buy it. My daughter lives in NYC and we go to the distillery in Brooklyn to bring that back.

tony

WKR
My dad likes Weller, I have to get it in southern Ohio or WV. It was selling out that fast back home.
My cousin says Buffalo Trace cream bourbon and root beer is amazing.
Gzf bought a lot of maple flavored bourbon when she was working in Vermont.
It was damn good

OP
SCHUNTER73

SCHUNTER73

Lil-Rokslider
My two Regulars right now are Four Roses Small Batch and Elijah Craig small batch. I’ve had most all of them and like some of you, think the big $ names are overrated. That said, I bought a bunch of bottles many years ago that are collecting dust. About to unload them to fund a trip.

Wellsdw

WKR
Bench mark!

Highly recommend everyone going to the Buffalo trace distillery tour, if you are into bourbon. It is very insightful as to how much bs hype is around bourbon currently.

Tx_300wsm

FNG
My current favorites are Blade and Bow, Knob Creek 12 and Barrel Dovetail. Eagle rare rotates through occasionally, so does Elijah Craig.

I’ve had Old RVW and wasn’t impressed. Pappy 15 was excellent as is William L. Weller, neither are worth the cost but was a fun experience.

Northernapline

How’s that Eagle rare? Pretty rare and pretty salty in my neck of the woods. I’ve heard good things though.