Bow Case cut out - Pelican V800

Less impressive than what a lot of other members are doing, but I thought it was worth mentioning in case anyone was looking to make a bow case that fits a bunch of gear. The Vaults are pretty reasonably priced and seem to be good quality.

After a few hunts where I was packing in a rush before driving out to a hunt and then inevitably forgetting something critical (range finder, release, etc), I wanted to get a hard case cut out for my bow with space for a few essentials.

Turns out that the RX7-Ultra fits perfectly in the Pelican Vault V800 with the quiver left on, along with enough room for binos, rangefinder, release, and a small pistol. It was a little tricky to get together, as there is a surprising amount of depth to the bow if the quiver is left on. Chalk for outlining, hot glue for the foam layers and a sharp kitchen knife were critical.

Overall, I am pretty happy with it…Everything fits snugly and better yet, I know that if I don’t fill the case, it means I am about to forget something!

IMG_5171.jpeg

IMG_5174.jpeg

IMG_5177.jpeg

IMG_5182.jpeg

Jon_G

WKR
Thanks for this! I have the same case but I have a rifle with a folding buttstock in it. I was wondering how it would look if I put in my RX7 for bow hunts this year. Now just gotta order foam pads and give it a go like you did!

WoodBow

WKR
I have the same case. Im very happy with it.

A tip i came across when i did mine is to use an electric kitchen knife/fillet knife. I never would have considered it but it works extremely well. Less aggressive teeth on the blades worked best for me.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

knale87

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for this. I’ve been looking to do something similar. I really like the specific spots for certain gear. Yours came out great.

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
I have the same case and haven’t done this yet but looks like I’m going to have too!