Bow maintenance question

rclouse79

WKR
I had a bolt between the limb and riser come out this past season. I but it back and snugged everything up.
I was thinking about taking each bolt out and putting it back in with a dab of lock tight. I wanted to check here to see if that was a good or bad idea or unnecessary.
I was also thinking about trying to find my owners manual to see if there is a recommended torque value for the bolts. Do I not need to worry about that, or is there a generic value pros use for all bows?
Thanks in advance for any advise.

I wouldn't loctite.

I just go by fastener size and a general torque for that size, but also about everything that can move has witness marks.

I have had trouble getting bolts out of archery stuff, so I'd stay away from the loctite. Easy to round off Allen head bolts, then they are stuck if seized by threads instead of fastner tension.

I have asked a few different manufacturers for a specific torque value and have never gotten one.

04E5FE02-C9B1-41FE-A294-53B66FDFB310.jpeg.6e6ba33e4d623fcad6dee9365c1f52bd.jpeg

OP
rclouse79

rclouse79

WKR
I wouldn't loctite.

I just go by fastener size and a general torque for that size, but also about everything that can move has witness marks.

I have had trouble getting bolts out of archery stuff, so I'd stay away from the loctite. Easy to round off Allen head bolts, then they are stuck if seized by threads instead of fastner tension.

I have asked a few different manufacturers for a specific torque value and have never gotten one.

View attachment 629182
Thanks for the advice!

Beendare

WKR
Yeah, Billy Goat is right on. Put witness marks on your limb bolts to see if they move.

I have used loctite blue on other small bolts to hold my rest and such