Bow powder coat repair?

I just got a new Mathews Atlas (black) from a local bow shop…however, they did not tune it properly, resulting in the drop down rest coming into contact with the riser when I fire arrows. After shooting three I noticed what was happening and it resulted in chipped powder coat on the shelf.

Any ideas on how to touch this up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some JB Weld metal putty to fill in the low spot (if there is one from the missing coat chip) and then some matching touch up paint.

Redoing a powder coat isn't worth it.

def90

WKR
I wouldn’t bother, maybe as said above just get some matching color model paint and dab some on just to cover it up.

OP
WestTexasBestTexas
Felt over the whole shelf area.

What rest damaged it??

It’s the QAD integrated - not the fault of the rest but the shop…timing was set incorrectly which led to arrow fletchings contacting rest and popping it into the shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Yep, just put some felt on the shelf. I do that from the start to minimize any noise from the rest or the arrow dropping onto the shelf. And my QAD is set up so the launcher is parallel and hitting the shelf. 7 years of flawless performance.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I can believe that the rest hit hard enough in 3 shots to chip the paint. Or that the rest was even in the right spot. My 2 intergrate rests don't come too close to touching the shelf. I would suspect that the d-loop was tied too low

Last edited: