Bow press help. Advice

Drelk

FNG
Picked up a bow press today on the cheap. Before I press my bow I'm looking for advice from those of u that know.....Does my bow appear compatible with this press. I've heard horror stories of bent risers and the like.
e2eru6ag.jpg

Sorry for the poor picture quality.

OR Archer

WKR
I would not use that press on that bow. That press is not designed for modern parallel limb bows. I just had a customer ruin a brand new bow trying to use one of those presses. If you want a good press that will work with pretty much any bow look at the EZ Green press from Last Chance Archery.

OP
Drelk

Drelk

FNG
I would not use that press on that bow. That press is not designed for modern parallel limb bows. I just had a customer ruin a brand new bow trying to use one of those presses. If you want a good press that will work with pretty much any bow look at the EZ Green press from Last Chance Archery.

Thank you

c5mrr270

WKR
Yeah, unfortunately it was cheap for a reason...it's not meant for new parallel limb bows as stated above. Some other presses to check out would be a bow-a-constritor or bow time machine.

kodiakfly

WKR
What'd you pay for it? Wanna sell it? I'm looking for a press to mess around with the few bows I have that'll still fit in a press like that. I've got a newer parallel limb bow, but I don't tinker with it nearly as much. Shipping may be a pain...

OP
Drelk

Drelk

FNG
Shipping would be a pain. It's huge. And heavy

Terrapin

WKR
From the picture it doesn't look like your bow is overly parallel, so you may be able to use this press (but it would not be optimal). The thing to watch for is the stress it puts on the riser. Since the two riser points of contact are towards the middle of the bow, there is a reasonable chance of bending the riser. If you can modify the arms and get the riser rollers out toward the limb pockets and the two limb rollers as close to the limb tip as possible to minimize the deflection load, you will probably be okay, but there is still some risk. I would recommend the new X-Press or one of the limb tip driven linear presses to be safe. Hoyt won't warranty a bent riser from using the wrong press.

Yeah, my dad made one like that and it is long gone now due to the style of bows. Garage sale that unit.