Bow sight

Yep! Just saw it, thank you for your input but there is no way I’m dropping $625 fir a bow sight.
Don't blame you one bit. It's a pretty penny. Always find it funny how people will drop 1k+ on rifle scopes for their high end rifles, and call others crazy for wanting to get high end archery attachments. (Not saying you did but man have I heard it all 😆)

pirogue

WKR
If you give hunting elk more weight than target shooting, the ezv bow sight is worth a look. It is not for everyone and it seems like the vast majority of people are not even interested in giving it a try. Knowing I had the confidence to put an arrow into the vitals at any distance out to 45 yards without the use of a range finder lifted a giant weight off my shoulders. No more ranging all of the sticks and logs where an elk might pop out and trying to remember them during the moment of truth. I describe it as instinctive shooting with training wheels. Additionally, when shooting a dot at 50 yards my groups were just as good or better than with my old single pin slider. An unobstructed view of the spot you have picked is awesome.
I know the owner gives a 30 day money back guarantee so you can give one a try. If you join the facebook group, there are usually ones up for sale for around $100.
Are these $100 for sale items in a classified section, as like the owners decided they didn’t like them?

JStol5

WKR

Lots of great sights on sale right now.

Patriot2

Lil-Rokslider
I went with an EZV as of about a year ago. They are not for everyone but I can shoot it with both eyes open and that is a game changer for me. Specifically, they are not designed for shooting past 60 or 76 yds. I modified my elk hunting EZV insert (below) to incorporate the "trick pin" method by rubbing off the tic marks for 20, 30, and 40 yds leaving the 50 & 60 yd tic marks. So long as I know it is anywhere between 15 and 45 yards I simply put the 50 yd tic mark at at the bottom of the chest and the arrow will arrive 8-16" above the bottom of the chest which is a dead elk. Beyond 45 yds I use the tic marks. Deer have a narrower chest so I use the EZV on my second bow with all the tic marks intact. I may try and shoot without the tic marks for deer this year if I get a 3D target for practice. I do still keep a rangerfinder handy but certainly have more opportunity for a quick shot if need be with the EZV. If you want to try one, pick them up used for $50 or $60 off new on the EZV Facebook page - always a couple for sale.
elk slayer.jpg

jpe5714

Lil-Rokslider
I have both BG and SH. I sold all my BG sights except one and got a SH Triple Stack. The vertical pins are easier on my aging eyes (58). I can use the Triple stack like a single pin and still use the 2 lower pins and shoot accurately. No plastic in a spott hogg. The reason I switched to SH is I was on a backcountry horseback elk hunt in the Thorofare of Wyoming and my buddy had his horse lay down on his side while he was in the saddle. His bow was in a padded Cordura scabbard and when he pulled it out, his scope housing snapped off his sight. BG uses delrin (plastic basically) where the scope slides up and down. Luckily I tagged out the day before and I had a BG slider sight too. We were able to get his scope on my sight and he killed a bull 2 days later. After that I switched to SH. The BG pins are brighter, but that's the only advantage. A light solves that problem

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Hi, I’m thinking of getting a newer/better bow sight. I have been looking at black gold brand but don’t now which one to get. I do know I’d like to have 3-5 pins (4 being ideal) and slider for those longer/follow up shots. I do have a short draw length (27”) shooting a 453 grain arrow going 271 fps at 65#. Looking for recommendations. Thank you in advance.
Love my black gold rush 5 pin. It's super simple and so durable. I highly recommend it. You don't have to spend a ton for this quality product.

Tag

FNG
Spot hoggs are nice. I run a spot Hogg single pin slider so there’s no chance of shooting off the wrong pin. Range & dial