Bow slings???

So, who all uses a bow sling while on the mountain? Are there any good ones that don’t interfere with the shot? I will strap my bow to my pack if I have a long trek in the dark but I want it easily accessible during daylight hours.

Just looking to see if anything is worth it or not… or if there is something great on the market I don’t know about yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, who all uses a bow sling while on the mountain? Are there any good ones that don’t interfere with the shot? I will strap my bow to my pack if I have a long trek in the dark but I want it easily accessible during daylight hours.

Just looking to see if anything is worth it or not… or if there is something great on the market I don’t know about yet.

I have the primos neoprene

It’s easy to carry and comes off with ease at the pull of a cap

Not attached to bow while shooting

Good luck

LostArra

WKR
I've used Primos when carrying on bike or side by side, both dusty.

Hiking I like the Montana bow sling.

I never attach my bow to the front of my pack. I want quick access

Hnthrdr

WKR
In my hand while hunting, if I had to have both hands for navigating obstacles I guess I could strap it to my pack, but crossed some nasty deadfall and never had to do that quite yet, sling seems unnecessary

OP
Portabeardo
Biglou I thought about buying one of the spider systems a couple years ago. Just forgot about it to be honest. I might see if I can get one in time for my CO trip.

ikeG

FNG
I have never used one but ended up buying the jakt gear one at tac this year. Been practicing with it all summer, I like it. If I ever get back into treestand hunting whitetails here at home I will definitely take it off. But for elk hunting it should be just the ticket

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

rclouse79

WKR
After trying some different options I am very happy with the bow spider. I have one receiver on my hip belt and one on the hood. It seems overpriced for what it is, but it works.

serorem

FNG
Jakt sling for me. I’ve had mine for 3yrs or so. I hunt mountains, spot and stalk and some treestand hunting and it never comes off the bow! Awesome sling, if you’re a treestand hunter at all, you’ll never have to fumble with pull ropes again. I also use a 3rd hand archery belt clip as well while spot and stalking.

TheTone

WKR
I’ve used a primos one off and on for over 10 years but seem to rarely use it anymore. I do like the coverage it gives the string and cams

L.M._Rog

FNG
Used the Montana Bow Sling the last couple of seasons, this year I’m trying the Bow Hitch.

Elkhntr08

WKR
Primos sling once in a while. Mainly use a hook on the pack belt. Had this thing for 20+ years. Started using it shooting 3D then hunting.
Simple and easy, bow is by my left hand, hand usually on the bow but not carrying the weight.

Roc8man

FNG
I tried the Bow Spider and sent it back. With my pack on, it was pretty much impossible to get to unless my bow was well above my head. Maybe someone a lot younger would be able to use it but it didn't work for me. My hunting buddy and I have been using the Butler Creek bow sling (no longer in production) for many years. It follows the KISS principle and works well.

I was skeptical until a buddy used his elk hunting and took a big bull, shooting with the sling on the bow. It is quite comfortable and frees your hands up for climbing, peeing or using trekking poles. Pretty ingenious sling!

snapshot sling.png

OP
Portabeardo
Thanks for the advice everyone. I’m going to try the spider as I was looking at it a couple years ago, but still intrigued by others. The jaktgear is on my radar too. I guess I could do both??? But that’s maybe many more ounces than I want on the mtn.