Bow string

Button

WKR
I’ll be in the market for a new string for my VXR in the future. What is your preference for bow string makers/brands? Pros/cons

I’ll be changing mine out after season, it still has plenty of life so I would keep it as a backup string. 7CE43460-C6D0-4253-9817-6F7A0D720DA6.png

Rob960

Lil-Rokslider
When I switched the string out on my PSE I went with ABB Platinum. Awesome string, 0 peep rotation.

Reactions: Zac

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
my 2 go to's would be.

catfish customs
ghost

both have put out great strings and some duds. Seems like every string maker has had some bad strings go out the door.

Anything 452x from a respected builder would be my choice.

Make sure you get all kinds of measurements now of where your set is. Your brace, ata, poundage, reference of nock point/loop, peep height. All that stuff if you don't keep it already.

Zac

WKR
Gas Ghost and ABB both seem to clock right for me. The Gas is almost imperceivable, it almost throws the bare shaft straight. Pretty interesting, must have something to do with the material.

I love Wicked Twisted Bowstrings. They offer BCY and Bloodline materials. I’m really impressed with the Bloodline and the craftsmanship of their serving. Feel free to use my 10% off discount code “DC” at checkout.
https://www.wickedtwistedbowstrings.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gas Ghost and ABB both seem to clock right for me. The Gas is almost imperceivable, it almost throws the bare shaft straight. Pretty interesting, must have something to do with the material.

I have seen more problems for people with the ghost strings than any. Don't know if it was a bad run of material or what. One guy had a TRX 40 that after 2 sets of ghost they just ended up sending him a set out of 452x. Two different PSE'S having the same problem as well. Shoot to settle, then after a few hundred shots they start to creep, keep twisting them back up, but the keep going.

Might be great material and I happen to shoot with the only 3 guys to have problems, but I doubt it

Wheels

WKR
I’ve got Threadz bowstrings on my V3, am very happy with them. He builds them the day ordered and usually ships the next day.

geoff995

WKR
I put on a set of Threadz strings on my RX-3 a couple months ago. I’ve been very impressed with them so far. I had originally ordered some Gas ghost strings for it but after them pushing the delivery date out an additional 2 months I decided to go with something else. I’m glad I did. I ordered from Threadz on a Thursday and by Tuesday of the following week I was up and running.

Zac

WKR
I have seen more problems for people with the ghost strings than any. Don't know if it was a bad run of material or what. One guy had a TRX 40 that after 2 sets of ghost they just ended up sending him a set out of 452x. Two different PSE'S having the same problem as well. Shoot to settle, then after a few hundred shots they start to creep, keep twisting them back up, but the keep going.

Might be great material and I happen to shoot with the only 3 guys to have problems, but I doubt it
I never keep mine on long enough to tell. Last set I had on the Ventum went on and the specs fit exactly. Timing was perfect. I gained two sight tapes on the Fast Eddie so I'm guessing it was shooting a few fps faster than the ABB Plat. I've been throug 4 sets of strings and cables since I bought the new Hoyt. Maybe I'll leave this one on a little while and see what I can figure out.

Zac

WKR
I've had really good luck with Rogue R19 Pro bowstrings with BCY 452x material.
Is that what they use? I tried figuring it out and all I saw was that they use some proprietary whatever. I know they originally split from ABB a few years back.

OP
Button

Button

WKR
Thanks for all the recommendations. I will look into them.