Pse fortis 33 tune issue

NoRush24

Lil-Rokslider
I got a new fortis 33 couple months back and had it all dialed shooting bullet holes. Like an idiot I nicked the string and had to rush order new string for season. Bought strings from ABB. After getting the strings installed by a reputable pro shop. My arrows now had a 3” left tear. I had to buy a shim kit and bump the cams quite a bit over to the left to get rid of the shim, and the bow just doesn’t shoot as well or group the same anymore. Trying to sort out if there is something possibly off with the strings or the string install?

Timing is good and shop that’s installed strings said everything is good. Still doesn’t make sense to me?

nphunter

WKR
Strings shouldn’t have effected a left right tear unless they were wrapped tighter on one side of the little yoke harness that the bow has. If it was shooting bullets I would have left the cams alone and figured out what was up with the strings. Obviously one is pulling harder on one side of the axle than the other or maybe your factory ones were and that’s why it’s shooting differently.

OP
N

NoRush24

Lil-Rokslider
Strings shouldn’t have effected a left right tear unless they were wrapped tighter on one side of the little yoke harness that the bow has. If it was shooting bullets I would have left the cams alone and figured out what was up with the strings. Obviously one is pulling harder on one side of the axle than the other or maybe your factory ones were and that’s why it’s shooting differently.

That’s what I was thinking but when I brought the bow back, I got the typical archery shop answer, move the rest the strings are fine. Going to take it tomorrow to another shop.

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider
a 3" left tear is a big difference from shooting bullet holes. So something is off in a big way. I think you are on the right track by getting a 2nd opinion. Have you checked the timing? I know that won't affect left to right but just start with the basics that you can check at home.

OP
N

NoRush24

Lil-Rokslider
Timing is good, and I can’t see any obvious deflection differences in the limbs or cables.