Bowtech RPM 360

Sickforit

FNG
After being heavy into bow hunting all my life, I have sat it down for the last 5,6,7 years….I currently have a Bowtech RPM 360 that I bought new when they first came out, dropped a few things, then life caused me to set it down for a while. I’ve always shot the bow well (shot a Matthews drenalin before that long after they’d been considered “old”), and wondered if there’s any legitimate reasons I should consider upgrading. Haven’t followed in a long time and don’t know what these bows did long term. Thanks in advance

I have the same bow and was considering “upgrading” this year. But after I put a new string on it and re-tuned it, I shot it really well and decided to keep it. What will make my decision is if Bowtech puts their new cam timing adjustment setup on their hunting bows next year. But I’ll keep the RPM for my backup.

Specs on that bow are as good as anything new for 2023.bow technology has flatlined since the rpm came out. If you shoot it good there is no sense in buying the latest and greatest.

the only thing different performance wise would be the draw cycle, but you would lose the speed. if you are happy with it, keep it.
another thing is the limbs. if you haven't had the limbs changed then it would be smart to do so. depending on when you got your rpm360, they were notorious for exploding limbs and its no fun having one come apart when you draw back.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I had a 360 and have had 4-5 newer bows since then. I equate the 360 to a 67 mustang. When it’s going right it’s a bad bad boy, but everything has to go just right for it to be “going right”.

Ice-kub

Lil-Rokslider
I recently had the factory limbs go on me. Talked to the bowtech and did some reading, the new limbs they sell are of a different construction and a supposed to be much more durable and longer lasting. It's still a good bow, I'd swap out to new limbs and shoot it.

OP
Sickforit

Sickforit

FNG
I’ve wondered if the new limbs were a big improvement. I’ve come close to buying them before, but wondered if I was adding money better spent towards a new bow, or if it was a good idea

OP
Sickforit

Sickforit

FNG
They cost me $380 Canadian, so about $5.00 US lol, wayyyy cheaper than buying a new bow
Well, a guy just gave me $450 for the bare bow…..and I wasn’t passing that up….so now I have to decide what to look at because I’m supposed to shoot a deer pretty quick 😂😅

OP
Sickforit

Sickforit

FNG
Are you pretty much a dedicated Bowtech guy? I was on Matthews for a long time, and this was my first venture into Bowtech. Considering all brands at the moment. Really want something super solid that will last a long time. Coming from Matthews this was my first “speed bow”.

try an elite bow. aren't many issues with them.

They cost me $380 Canadian, so about $5.00 US lol, wayyyy cheaper than buying a new bow
were you not told that they are free? bowtech had to swap alot of limbs, it was a serious issue and it was no charge other than the shop fee.

Ice-kub

Lil-Rokslider
I asked about that but the shop and Excalibur, (bowtechs Canadian distributor?) advised it wasn't covered under warranty.

sorry to hear that. it was covered, but their CS had some issues with that. hopefully you have the actual new limbs because they were trying to pawn off the old stock as replacements. its easy to tell the difference.
even with all that, I really enjoyed that bow.

Ice-kub

Lil-Rokslider
sorry to hear that. it was covered, but their CS had some issues with that. hopefully you have the actual new limbs because they were trying to pawn off the old stock as replacements. its easy to tell the difference.
even with all that, I really enjoyed that bow.
The new ones are all black and don't have that lame lightning bolt stickers like the originals.

I recently had the factory limbs go on me. Talked to the bowtech and did some reading, the new limbs they sell are of a different construction and a supposed to be much more durable and longer lasting. It's still a good bow, I'd swap out to new limbs and shoot it.
I had the "new construction" limbs on my Experience and they delaminated too. I paid for them bc I was not the original owner when they first broke but at least bowtech warrantied the limbs and gave me a new set. I installed and sold the bow. It's a shame bc I loved that bow but it was time to move on

Ice-kub

Lil-Rokslider
I had the "new construction" limbs on my Experience and they delaminated too. I paid for them bc I was not the original owner when they first broke but at least bowtech warrantied the limbs and gave me a new set. I installed and sold the bow. It's a shame bc I loved that bow but it was time to move on
Interesting, i hadn't read anything about the "new constitution" limbs doing that on the rpms, are they the same limbs as your Experience?

Interesting, i hadn't read anything about the "new constitution" limbs doing that on the rpms, are they the same limbs as your Experience?
The deflection was the same but they just said bowtech on on them. I think the deflection is a little different depending on the model

Ice-kub

Lil-Rokslider
The deflection was the same but they just said bowtech on on them. I think the deflection is a little different depending on the model
Hmmm... Welp, I'm going to keep it til I kill something with it, or it blows up. Boss lady's orders lol

Depends on how much you shoot it. If you’re into shooting and want to practice a lot and become a good archer then yes, definitely worth it. If you’re looking to pick it up twice a year and shoot something 30 yards and in, then you won’t notice the difference. If you are shooting 30 yards an in, the rpm 360 is a shit choice imo but again, depends on your use.