Broadhead Tuning Woes

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
Got a too good to pass up deal on an Elite enlist. 28 inch draw 70 lb and now I can't get my broad heads to tune.

Was shooting magnus Stingers 100 gr 4 blades with my previous setup just fine. I paper tuned and walk back tuned with the new setup and get the right point of impact but it looks like my arrow is kicking out to the right as it fly's. I'm really at a loss here as its paper tuning perfect and hitting the right POI. My concern is that if the arrow isn't hitting the target straight on then I'm losing KE. I even had my wife step outside and verify that the arrow was in fact kicking to the right mid flight.

Some googling and reading tells me that I may have a spine stiffness issue or perhaps should switch to smaller broad heads. Hoping one of you guys with more experience than me can point me in the right direction.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Is it impacting the target straight on or not? Check each distance and see. I don't even see my arrows in flight, all I go off of is my tune and that they impact the target straight at every distance.

I'd jump to the conclusion that you have a weak spine. When you screw the broadhead on it can change your tune just enough to blow it off. You might try adding some weight to the rear of the arrow or (if possible) shortening your shaft slightly.

Brendan

WKR
Is it impacting the target straight on or not? Check each distance and see. I don't even see my arrows in flight, all I go off of is my tune and that they impact the target straight at every distance.
This.

Shoot broadheads and field points at multiple ranges first before jumping to any conclusions

If you're getting same point of impact at multiple ranges, arrow is flying true.

What is the total arrow weight? If your speed is a lot faster than your previous bow it could change how the broadheads is steering your arrow.

I know your not shooting a speed bow but if your arrow weight is low then it could cause some issues.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

OP
M

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
Arrows are ICS precision hunters at 31 inches. 477 grain total weight with head.

OP
M

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
Changed to some shorter bemans 400 spin had laying around and still had problems. Swapped to some replaceable blade Broadheads 100 grain with some 340 spine bone collector 29” Walmart arrows I borrowed from dad and they fly perfect. For whatever reason my bow didn’t like the arrow and broadhead combo I tried yesterday.

Beendare

WKR
Heck, I shoot 31" 340's in my 50# recurve, 225gr up front.......and they bareshaft perfect.

yep under spined is at least one of your issues.