Brooks Range Dall Sheep/ Grizzly Combo Rifle Selection

Ishisube

Lil-Rokslider
I am an average sized (maybe even on the small side)...I don’t get all the angst about recoil of the .300s. The recoil of my .300 is only slightly more noticeable than the .270. I can’t imagine any grown man having an issue with shooting a .300.
I'm probably average size and never had any trouble with my .375 HH either. Maybe it's just that a lot of shooters just prefer the lighter recoiling rounds, rather than not being able to handle the larger or more powerful ones.

z987k

WKR
I am an average sized (maybe even on the small side). My most common mountain rifle is a Sako Finnlight .300 WSM. I have an identical rifle in .270 Win. I carry the .270 if I don’t have a grizzly tag because it’s a 1/4 lb lighter and about 2” shorter. If I have a grizzly tag I carry the .300.

I confess I don’t get all the angst about recoil of the .300s. The recoil of my .300 is only slightly more noticeable than the .270. I can’t imagine any grown man having an issue with shooting a .300.
It's not about the pain. It's about long range accuracy. Spoting your shot.
Tons and tons of data shows that just about no one can shoot a 300wm as well as a 223. With varying degrees in between.

Ishisube

Lil-Rokslider
...no one can shoot a 300wm as well as a 223.
If there's chance of brownies around I'd rather have the .300 and do my homework on being comfortable with my aim. Not even sure how much I'd want that .223 in black bear country, especially if it was Prince of Wales. I'd like your equation better if you'd said .270, 7mm or something more of that nature.

Big guns have their place and there'll be times you'd rather have one.