Browning X Bolt Carbon Fibre stock

ZioRob

FNG
Hey guys, I can’t seem to find anyone in Australia manufacturing carbon fibre stocks to suit Browning X Bolt or A Bolt for that matter.

Do you guys have anyone over there manufacturing them?

Cheers
Rob.

manitou1

WKR
I believe Oregun gunsmithing will build you one. Otherwise, you will be limited to the McMillen Gamescout, which is a lightweight fiberglass stock. The Oregun gunsmithing stocks are a combination fiberglass and carbon fiber.

manitou1

WKR
They won't sell you one. If you have a problem with one on a rifle you bought, they will replace or repair it. But they don't sell the stocks... I suppose to keep people from buying a lower cost option, then putting in a better stock later... dunno.

OP
ZioRob

ZioRob

FNG
They won't sell you one. If you have a problem with one on a rifle you bought, they will replace or repair it. But they don't sell the stocks... I suppose to keep people from buying a lower cost option, then putting in a better stock later... dunno.

Your probably right, but to me it makes no sense at all..

Darryle

WKR
They are listed in the parts list, call your local authorized Browning Full Line Dealer

full-25419-221933-stocks.jpg

OP
ZioRob

ZioRob

FNG
I contacted Browning directly a few weeks ago and was told they don't sell stocks. Anyone try getting one through a full line dealer?
I can’t get them in Australia I have been told my our importer. Would be interested to know if you guys can I’ll try organise to have one sent here. Would love the new “REAL” carbon fibre stock being offered.

Finn16

WKR
I called Browning again this morning and that carbon fiber stock on their website is the old Duratouch model and it is sold out for both short and long actions. The only stocks they offer for sale are the standard composite and wood stocks - none of the newer lightweight stocks are available.

Oaks

FNG
The stock inletting for the X bolt and A bolts are not the same. What gun specificaly are you looking for?

I bought an eclipse laminated xbolt stock from browning a while back for a stiffer alternative to the tupperware one that comes on a stainless stalker xbolt. Looking at the stock list posted above, I think it's fair to assume that's the fake carbon stock that is basically the standard cheap tupperware stock with a finish that looks like carbon fiber :ROFLMAO: It's about like putting racing stripes on your '95 honda civic and thinking it makes your car better.

I was interested in buying a x-bolt pro model carbon stock when they came out with that rifle but told they dont sell component stocks. You'd think they could sell a handful of them for $650-700 and come out ahead but they must think folks are likely to buy another rifle (xbolt pro) if they don't have an easy path to upgrading their existing xbolts.