BT2 or a Cimarron

Stuart

FNG
I know these two tents are completely different. I am trying to decide on which one to get. It is probably going to be used as a solo shelter and may not be used with a stove.
I am wondering if the BT2 will have enough room to lay directly across with enough head and foot room with a luxury lite cot? i
have not really slept next to a pole.
All my previous tents have been two man freestanders.
Would the BT2 have more condensation because the volume is smaller?
I plan on pinning the edges tight to the ground because I don't like the draft or little critters getting in so easily.
I know that the cimarron will be a catch all solution, but the prices between the two are one of the factors.
Should I just start off with a BT2 now and get a Cimarron later or just go straight to a Cimarron.
Temps will be in the teens to 40's.
I prefer a smaller footprint.
If there was a 3 man tipi, I would jump on it in no time.
Backpack hunting and maybe truck camping will be done.
I am also thinking of using a buddy heater if truck camping.
What are your opinions?
What are the ratio of BT2 vs Cimarron users her amongst the backpack hunters?
Thank you!

ianpadron

WKR
How tall are you? If you're 5'10 or shorter try out the BT2, although I doubt the cot would fit with the shelter pitched tight to the ground.

I run the Cimarron and love everything about it, could easily fit 2 cots in there, especially when pitched off the ground (which is basically required for both of these shelters).

If you get the BT2 I'd guess you'll eventually wish you went with the Cimarron. I looked at both and am very happy with my decision to fork out the extra $$$ for the Cimarron.

Let me know if you want me to post some pics, I have a lot of them floating around on here, good luck!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I used my BT2 a lot for a year. I still have it and like it for some situations. First, like any ventless shelter of its type, condensation will be horrific. I leave at least one door open on mine as long as the weather is good. When it rains, condensation happens. I think it will be awful tight with your cot. Given that you are using a cot, I'm going to assume that comfort is a high priority. With that, I think you'll like the Cimarron more.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

DaveC

WKR
"Would the BT2 have more condensation because the volume is smaller?"

Yes.

Between the cot and the buddy heater I'd look at the Cimarron. If you're sub 6 foot you'll be able to fit the cot, but it will be tight. The BT2 is really a backcountry, fast and light specific shelter for tougher weather conditions. It's ridiculously bomber, especially in high wind, but you sacrifice space and venting.

Graves14

WKR
I'd take into account where you hunt too. I love my Cimarron except when I can't find ANYWHERE to set it up. It's not a small footprint shelter but once it's up, it's a palace

OP
S

Stuart

FNG
I've decided on a shelter.

I got way off track on this one.
Thanks to all who have replied. I purchased a 4 man tipi instead, with the stove and liner.
Hope I made the right decision.
I appreciate all the input and advice!

reaper

WKR
I got way off track on this one.
Thanks to all who have replied. I purchased a 4 man tipi instead, with the stove and liner.
Hope I made the right decision.
I appreciate all the input and advice!
Same set-up as me...youll love that thing...send us pictures of your trips with it 😉

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk