Bucket list hunt

Trial153

WKR
My bucket is over flowing with bowhunts I want to do..hoping to close out a super ten shortly.

traviswdalton

Lil-Rokslider
In no particular order Sable, Kudu, Moose, Elk, and Brown bear. Only one left on my list is brown bear.
0462ec9dbbc4bfd880e44c5a5f090250.jpg
63954d3add108517054d5fa139fdf452.jpg
74bb02e79cb6a4bce8ba79a50be2a994.jpg
6ea79ce21dc8be47524e11caf50ef63a.jpg

I would love to complete the super 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moose hunt in Canada. A friend of mine went on a moose hunt. Hunt the morning and evening and catch walleye all day. Fish are hungry in October. He couldn't tell me how many eyes he caught but in 1 spot he landed a walleye almost every cast. And the price is doable.

OP
Michael54

Michael54

WKR
Gotta be a big horn sheep for me. Elk was on my bucket list, but I’m checking that off this year. I don’t know if I’ll ever have the opportunity to chase a sheep. At 40 years old and just now accumulating points, it might be a pipe dream.
Id love to hunt a sheep. However im built like a meatball and absolutely hate heights so i don't think its the hunt for me. A fall off of a ladder when i was 24 and a fall off of a roof when i was 26 has me to the point where when i buy a new ladder stand the first thing i do is throw at least one of the ladder sections away.

hammerguy

FNG
In no particular order Sable, Kudu, Moose, Elk, and Brown bear. Only one left on my list is brown bear.
0462ec9dbbc4bfd880e44c5a5f090250.jpg
63954d3add108517054d5fa139fdf452.jpg
74bb02e79cb6a4bce8ba79a50be2a994.jpg
6ea79ce21dc8be47524e11caf50ef63a.jpg

I would love to complete the super 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gorgeous Sable. The rest ain't too shabby either. Can't wait to see the bear you bring home.

USMC-40

WKR
Rocky Mountain Bighorn in the lower 48. Mostly because I don’t believe I will ever draw a tag, and I understand the difficulty of the unlimited hunts, which I have done repeatedly.

OP
Michael54

Michael54

WKR
I have never hunted outside Americas. hunting in Canada or Europe would be adventurous.
I agree with that. However there are many places inside the united states i have yet to hunt as well. A truly bucket list item would be a pennsylvania elk. The odds of getting a tag for one is close to powerball status though. Every year i apply though. Hunting elk in my own back yard with my father in law would definitely be a once in a lifetime experience

OneRingTrTa

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with that. However there are many places inside the united states i have yet to hunt as well. A truly bucket list item would be a pennsylvania elk. The odds of getting a tag for one is close to powerball status though. Every year i apply though. Hunting elk in my own back yard with my father in law would definitely be a once in a lifetime experience
I have been hunting since i was 7yrs old. i have hunted in Colorado, PA, and many other states...i agree with you. explore what you have before thinking about what's out there. getting a tag for small game in PA would also be nice.

OP
Michael54

Michael54

WKR
I have been hunting since i was 7yrs old. i have hunted in Colorado, PA, and many other states...i agree with you. explore what you have before thinking about what's out there. getting a tag for small game in PA would also be nice.
I just finished up a few hour rabbit hunt this morning :) the beagles were really on top of their game today. I finally shot the last one they got on after they brought it around for the 4th time. I think the dogs would have went on strike if i didnt.

OneRingTrTa

Lil-Rokslider
I just finished up a few hour rabbit hunt this morning :) the beagles were really on top of their game today. I finally shot the last one they got on after they brought it around for the 4th time. I think the dogs would have went on strike if i didnt.
Congrats on your hunt, i see you mentioned hunting in PA, i know a lot of great outfitters and i could recommend some guys that know their stuff.

How did you handling freezing your rabbit?

OP
Michael54

Michael54

WKR
Congrats on your hunt, i see you mentioned hunting in PA, i know a lot of great outfitters and i could recommend some guys that know their stuff.

How did you handling freezing your rabbit?
I cut it into chunks and then soak it in a salt sugar brine over night. Pat dry and then freeze. They keep very well.

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
Been waiting a long time but going to happen in May 2020......cape buffalo outside Kruger park in South Africa.