Budget Cold weather pants

kordo

FNG
I am looking for a new pair of hunting pants for spring bear season in northern MT. I am looking at the first lite corrugate or catalyst foundry pants, but would really like to find a cheaper option with similar quality. Are there any comparable options out there in tan or green at a lower price point but similar quality? My google searching has not been successful so far.
Any input would be greatly appreciated, hoping to order something this week.

Bump79

WKR
I'd also take a look at the First Lite Corrugate Foundry if you're in that price range. More versatile than the other FL options. Add a varying weight baselayer bottom and you're set.

fmyth

WKR
Eddie Bauer Guid Pro lined pants. My costco has them now for $39 they also have a generic version for $20. I have them both and have worn them on winter hunts with a baselayer.

I would second the wrangler lined pants and the Eddie Bauer. Just got a couple pairs of the Eddie Bauer guide pro work pants, lightweight pair of pants with an extra layer of strength and reinforcement. A little warmer then the regular but not fleece lined.

Wrangler Outdoor Lined Pants. Sew in some side zips if you want some ventilation

I recommend the same. Those are my go-to pants (Wrangler Outdoor Fleece Lined Pants $30.00) when hunting deer and elk in December and January, in the Lower-48.

rev44

Lil-Rokslider
I recommend the same. Those are my go-to pants (Wrangler Outdoor Fleece Lined Pants $30.00) when hunting deer and elk in December and January, in the Lower-48.
About impossible to find in my size. Emailed Wrangler about finding them and they said no plans of making more as of now? Sucks! I wanted a couple pair

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
K

kordo

FNG
Wrangler Outdoor Lined Pants. Sew in some side zips if you want some ventilation
It sounds like those are the best option based on what everyone is saying, but it looks like they don't make them anymore. Bummer.

It sounds like those are the best option based on what everyone is saying, but it looks like they don't make them anymore. Bummer.

I did some looking around this morning. There's a bunch of online outlets that have those Wrangler fleece lined pants in stock, and even the manufacturer (Wrangler) has plenty in stock. And, some Walmart stores around the country still have them in stock. Shouldn't be a problem picking up a couple pair.

Bump79

WKR
I did some looking around this morning. There's a bunch of online outlets that have those Wrangler fleece lined pants in stock, and even the manufacturer (Wrangler) has plenty in stock. And, some Walmart stores around the country still have them in stock. Shouldn't be a problem picking up a couple pair.
I'm seeing them around online as well. I just think they are short of stock being the end of the season.

zacattack

WKR
I’ve had my Eddie Bauer lined guide pros in some pretty cold weather, single digits and never gotten cold. Hard to beat for the price, just wait for a sale if you can.

rev44

Lil-Rokslider
I'm seeing them around online as well. I just think they are short of stock being the end of the season.
If you are a 36 waist or bigger. Unless you are talking about the Jean material.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

i have the fleece lined wranglers.they have a feel like your wearing fleece sweat pant under a thinner regular pant. very warm and a great pant!. Wrangler also makes another lined pant called a warming pant. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wrangler-Men-s-Straight-Fit-Single-Layer-Warming-Pant/178964479. these are for me a little less warm and have more of a Attack pant feel. the fleece feels more like its bonded to the pant . i think those a bargain too for under 30$

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the beyond testa pants. I really like the fit of them and they seem durable so far after one winter.