Budget sleeping pad

CatfishKev

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at some sleeping pads. Klymt static v has been mentioned a lot here and is tempting but I'm a side sleeper and I'm not sure it's thick enough. I know they have the v luxe but it's too wide and heavier. Would no be ok side sleeping on the static v? Any other reliable value pads anyone would recomend? Overall I want something 4-5 r value, 23-25" wide.

I just priced pads. Klymit is hard to beat. Check Sierra.com. They have some good deals. If you want pair it with a $19 zrest for lush sleep.

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
I have the static v luxe and I love it! I sleep both on my side and back but mostly my side and it suits me fine. It may be heavier but I'm young and I have no problem toting the weight for the extra bit of pad. its wide enough I'm not concerned about staying in one place all night and enough R value for the late season. As far as the sleeping pad game goes, it's like having a king mattress in the backcountry.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
The new pad from Klymit is gonna be 6.5R value and 26" wide and tapers at the bottom. Should be in stock pretty soon I would think. I believe it's gonna be 3.5" thick also.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

satchamo

WKR
Static v all day. I can't sleep on my own mattress on my side due to some sacrum pain but I can on the static v.

OP
C

CatfishKev

Lil-Rokslider
The new pad from Klymit is gonna be 6.5R value and 26" wide and tapers at the bottom. Should be in stock pretty soon I would think. I believe it's gonna be 3.5" thick also.

With all the good feedback on the klymit I think I gonna go that route. Now this mentioned above sounds like the ticket! Slightly wider but not 30" wide. Sounds like exactly what I want. Any idea what the price point is going to be? Just did the cabelas / raise / active junky gift card special so maybe by the time my cards get here the new pad will be out.

Rob5589

WKR
I was in your spot recently and picked up an Exped Synmat 7 long/wide on Sierra trading post, 90 bucks. I side sleep and at 230 my hip doesn't touch the ground. They have other close out pads as well. Worth a look.

sneaky

"DADDY"
With all the good feedback on the klymit I think I gonna go that route. Now this mentioned above sounds like the ticket! Slightly wider but not 30" wide. Sounds like exactly what I want. Any idea what the price point is going to be? Just did the cabelas / raise / active junky gift card special so maybe by the time my cards get here the new pad will be out.
$139 is what it's listed at. Keep waiting to hear that they are in stock.

Trial153

WKR

Did they list a weight for it?

Sounds awesome. What will it weigh!?!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Shows as in stock now

I'm a side sleeper and started out with a Klymit Static Insulated V Lite.
Its warm enough but my skinny joints fall into the seam areas and hit the ground.

TravisIN

WKR
The new pads are available on their site now and when you get on their page it offers you 10% off if you subscribe to their newsletter. Puts that pad at 125. I didn’t realize it was 1/2” thicker than the original luxe. That thing is gonna be comfortable as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk