Build me a custom rifle

Flyjunky

WKR
Like Taper Pin stated have Alex or Ryan Pierce build you exactly what you want. If you want a custom why mess around with anything else.

Not annoying at all. Great question. I was thinking probably a nightforce NXS or NX8.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
There are practical limits but I'd rather spend $4000 on a scope than a rifle. If I had the sort of budget you're proposing I'd grab a Tangent Theta Hunter 3-15x50 scope and use the remaining money on the rifle. Which would probably still get you a Seekins PH2 or possibly a Seekins Element.

If I could get a full refund for everything gun-related I own right now, I'd be spending less on rifles and more on scopes.

Last edited:
OP
Grundy53

Grundy53

WKR
There are practical limits but I'd rather spend $4000 on a scope than a rifle. If I had the sort of budget you're proposing I'd grab a Tangent Theta Hunter 3-15x50 scope and use the remaining money on the rifle. Which would probably still get you a Seekins PH2 or possibly a Seekins Element.

If I could get a full refund for everything gun-related I own right now, I'd be spending less on rifles and more on scopes.
That is my philosophy, too. Most of my rifles were cheaper than the scope sitting on them. I was going to make an exception this time. Because I figured nightforce was good enough. The only problem I see buying a high-end production rifle as opposed to a custom is that all of their barrels are longer than I want. Since I want to run suppressed. The last thing I want to do is buy a $3,000-$4,000 production rifle and have to immediately spend a grand getting it rebarreled. I would end up spending the same as a custom. However, I may not rule out going that route. I am trying to be open-minded. Lol

The only problem I see buying a high-end production rifle as opposed to a custom is that all of their barrels are longer than I want. Since I want to run suppressed. The last thing I want to do is buy a $3,000-$4,000 production rifle and have to immediately spend a grand getting it rebarreled.
Agreed on that, it's very annoying. If the rifle had a carbon barrel it'd require a rebarrel but if it was steel, it could be cut down. Though fluted barrels that get cut down look a bit goofy sometimes, less so with a suppressor on the end I imagine.

OP
Grundy53

Grundy53

WKR
Agreed on that, it's very annoying. If the rifle had a carbon barrel it'd require a rebarrel but if it was steel, it could be cut down. Though fluted barrels that get cut down look a bit goofy sometimes, less so with a suppressor on the end I imagine.
I don't mind goofy. I was under the impression you couldn't cut down into the fluting. I guess my ignorance is showing. I'm definitely not ruling anything out.

OP
Grundy53

Grundy53

WKR
I was doing some thinking today. One of my .300 win mags is a Remington 700 sendero. Is pretty heavy. So I don't use it much. I could use that as a donor to save some money and time. What do you think?

CasNed

FNG
Defiance classic short action.
Proof 18” barrel.
Stockys stock, VG hunter, hunter or rokstock.
Hawkins BDL or UM DBM.
Trigger tech, whichever one you prefer.
Everything should be about $3k and right at 6lbs.
Then have UM put it all together.
Cartridge, whatever makes you fuzzy.