Bullet Sample Packs

SCHUNTER73

Lil-Rokslider
I am trying to find a way to get smaller ”sample size” bullet packs to try out a new load in my .280 AI for a trip to South Africa later this summer. My gun loves the 162 gr ELD-X, bit my (excessive) research says maybe I should try some Barnes LRX as a potentially better option. I hate to buy a few boxes of 50 bullets in different grains if I don’t like them. Any thoughts? Maybe just post a WTB ad and see if anyone is willing to let go of a few a la carte?

If you want all copper sample packs I believe Hammer Bullets has them. If you want the Barnes, buy a box of the 145 LRX, you will be 10-ish loads for a pressure ladder and 10-ish to check accuracy and that’s only one powder. Two powders and your already through a box

OP
SCHUNTER73

SCHUNTER73

Lil-Rokslider
I saw a few of those sites with sample packs, just wasn’t sure of the legitimacy of them. Thx.

Axlrod

WKR
Just buy full boxes and sell the remainder that you don't use in the classifieds. I can't imagine a few boxes of bullets would be more than a couple percent of the total cost of a hunt in SA.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you just need a few I have some 139LRX, but frankly pick the 139LRX or 145LRX and buy a box and work up a load, it takes more that a few to work up a load imho. Either should work just fine. I run the 145LRX in my 280AI but that's because the 139LRX wasn't out yet, I've got 139LRX on hand because I am working with that instead for 7-08 and 284WIN (whenever my barrel arrives).

OP
SCHUNTER73

SCHUNTER73

Lil-Rokslider
Appreciate everyone’s input. Looks like I’m just going buy a box and see what shakes out. Going to roll with the 145 gr and see how that works.