Burris Veracity 2-10x42 vs Nightforce SHV 3-10X42

Which scope

• Total voters

bushpilot

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for opinions on these two scopes. Currently looking for a scope to put on a 300 win mag and have narrowed it down to these two scopes. It currently wears a Leupold 6x42, but I want something with the option of lowering the power for up close shots, and a reliable dialing ability for the rare shot over 350.

I have owned a SHV 3-10x42 in the past but it didn’t suit my needs at the time, so I sold it. There isn’t a lot of info out there on the Burris right now but the specs look very similar to the SHV, and the option to put a MAD dial on top is intriguing, plus I like the reticle system better. So hearing from those that have had one or the other what’s your thoughts?

Last edited:
I have 4 Burris Veracity scopes, all have worked flawlessly. Shot a bull at 550 yards spot on. Never lost zero, tracks perfectly and it has not been babied. Now I didn't drop it like Form but it has been dropped, jiggled, bounced around in a side by side and bed of a truck. Only thing I don't really like is the 1st focal plane. I need to set it > 5 power to really see the reticle in ,ow light.

Dbevans

Lil-Rokslider
I would check out trijicon, the credo line or the tenmile. They seem to be well loved and very reliable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 4 Burris Veracity scopes, all have worked flawlessly. Shot a bull at 550 yards spot on. Never lost zero, tracks perfectly and it has not been babied. Now I didn't drop it like Form but it has been dropped, jiggled, bounced around in a side by side and bed of a truck. Only thing I don't really like is the 1st focal plane. I need to set it > 5 power to really see the reticle in ,ow light.
I have had four Burris scopes from Fullfield II to Veracity on my son's Tikka 300WSM Superlight.
All have had excellent glass, excellent tracking, and hold zero.
The Veracity is built like a tank.
I really can't understand why anyone wouldn't buy a Burris.

Mine were on a 300 win mag, 28 Nosler, 30 06 and 7 mm mag. The glass was not as good as my Zeiss V6 but plenty good at low light at 550 yards to see my elk!!!!! I wish they'd make a 2nd focal plane Veracity as that would be all I used.