Burris veracity anyone?

Looking for some feedback on Burris scopes specifically the veracity line. How do they compare to loopys and vortex?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I have a Burris Varacity 5-25x50 with an MOA reticle on a prairie dog gun, it’s a nice scope. The glass is clear and I like the first focal plane. I got a great deal on mine and that’s why I got it. I don’t think the glass is as good as a vortex hd or a high end Leupold, but it’s still good. For the lower powered varacity I am a little disappointed in the reticle, the drop lines don’t make sense to me. I prefer MOA lines that way I can figure out the hold over for my cartridges. Also, just like Vortex and Leupold, Burris has a great warranty.

I also have the same 5x25x50 on my 300 win mag. I also got a great deal and had it set up to match some custom Pendelton ammo. This is my first FFP scope. Compared to my older Swaro (16 years old), my Sig BDX, Bushnell Forge, Bushnell 3500, Sightron II and Leupold VXII I really like it. Clear, good contrast and resolution, great eye relief, a solid turret and all the controls are smooth and have a great feel. So far just target shooting getting ready for an elk hunt. Seems to be all I will need for low light. The reticle is different, a little busy but I will be dialing elevation (cutom Burris turret). The windage marks are nice. Never really looked at them before but for the price so far I'm impressed. That a couple of bucks will get you a coffee...lol

Wapiti1

WKR
I have the 2-10 on a .340 Weatherby. It's been a good scope on that rifle. Tracks fine, return to zero is good. I don't dial with it much, but use the reticle most of the time.

A little heavy, but a nice scope.

Jeremy

OP
M
I have a Burris Varacity 5-25x50 with an MOA reticle on a prairie dog gun, it’s a nice scope. The glass is clear and I like the first focal plane. I got a great deal on mine and that’s why I got it. I don’t think the glass is as good as a vortex hd or a high end Leupold, but it’s still good. For the lower powered varacity I am a little disappointed in the reticle, the drop lines don’t make sense to me. I prefer MOA lines that way I can figure out the hold over for my cartridges. Also, just like Vortex and Leupold, Burris has a great warranty.
So from what your saying in is not a vx5 but more along the lines of a vx3? I'm a fan of loopys but not of their mushy dials. Trying to pan out a little to see what's out there.

So from what your saying in is not a vx5 but more along the lines of a vx3? I'm a fan of loopys but not of their mushy dials. Trying to pan out a little to see what's out there.

I don’t think I have looked through a vx5, but my dad has a vx3 and I would say the glass is very comparable to my varacity. As far as mushy dials, I just pulled my Burris out of the safe and checked it for you, there is a positive audible “click” when turning the dials. I would recommend going down to a local outdoor store and looking through a couple scopes to get a better idea of what you want and what makes a difference for you. But if you do end up get a barris varacity, I don’t think you will be disappointed, they’re a good scope.

elkguide

WKR
Between the 3....

1. Burris

2. Leupold

3. Vortex

Burris and Vortex have the same warranty. The difference is that you will use the Vortex warranty. Leupold has a very hit and miss warranty.... sometimes it's great, sometimes they just don't care.

OP
M
Thanks everyone for the help! I ended up going with a lupy. VX5hd 2-10x42. got decent deal and the weight savings is somewhat substantial over the burris.