Burris Veracity vs Vortex HST

TheViking

WKR
Thoughts between the two scopes?

3-15x50 for the Burris
4-16x44 for the Vortex

This will be on my ‘do it all mountain rifle’ - Tikka T3 stainless 270wsm.

Burris is 4oz more, not a deal breaker, but something to consider.

I’ve had great luck with multiple Burris scopes in my life, the Veracity has been great so far.

I got a great deal on a lightly used Vortex, bought it just to mix it up, never had a Vortex before.

I’ve heard some horror stories about some Vortex coming out of whack on them during a hunt. I know they have the great warranty, but I also hear a lot of people using the warranty…don’t love that.

Would love to hear your thoughts between the two scopes.

Last edited:

2five7

WKR
Haven't owned an HST, but I did own a couple earlier gen PST scopes which are pretty similar. Also owned several veracity scopes. Still have 2 veracitys, don't own the PST scopes an longer.

Both Veracity scopes I still have are 3-15, both track correctly and hold zero. Highly recommend.

bow puller

Lil-Rokslider
Veracity. Vortex HST won't compete with a Burris E1 optically. Buddy was excited to get an HST 4-16x44 and for giggles we compared it to an E1 14x I have. Looking into shade at an optical chart the Vortex had terrible halo glare compared to the Burris nor was it as sharp. Unfortunately every Vortex product I've looked through (haven't looked through the new uhd's yet) had subpar lens coatings in its class.

Scrap any thoughts of using a Vortex outside of the Razor line. If you shop around you can find the Razor LHT for about $800.

No personal experience with Burris; plenty of burn marks from non-Razor Vortex products.

cod007

Lil-Rokslider
Bought this one 4(?) yrs ago on a good sale at Optic Planet and have not been disappointed. Just sayin’.

Attachments

• 510B827B-F96B-4B22-B694-F7916D1294D6.jpeg
    510B827B-F96B-4B22-B694-F7916D1294D6.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 12
I have owned both the veracity and the gen 1 pst (pretty much the same as the HsT)

veracity is still in use and has not failed. The gen 1 failed and was sent to vortex for warranty then I sold it cheap.