CA A 110 South

DEEF

Lil-Rokslider
Last year was tough, I hunted different areas in the Los Padres. Saw some doe and fawn but no buck. I saw one cougar and more cougar and bobcat track than deer in SLO—it was ridiculous. It's a houndsmans dream over here! Between the long drought and the abundant cat, bobcat, and black bear populations, our blacktail seem to be scarce. I did hunt the last days of the general season and my late season SLO tag; so, that didn't help me any. I found some bucks late season but not in my tag area. Overall harvest success in 2017 for A 110 South/160 North was 17.1%—I suspect the better part of that stat is in the North unit. AO harvest success was 7.0% for both areas! With all the rain, hopefully we'll see some improvement in the population the next couple of years. CA management S U C K S right now.

Did anyone have success in A unit last year?

I saw more bucks last season than in previous seasons. Hoping this season is even better.
I can’t believe they haven’t opened SLO county for bear hunts yet. Bears are getting hit on the highway all the time and even have signs to watch out for them.

OP
DEEF

DEEF

Lil-Rokslider
I saw more bucks last season than in previous seasons. Hoping this season is even better.
I can’t believe they haven’t opened SLO county for bear hunts yet. Bears are getting hit on the highway all the time and even have signs to watch out for them.

I hear that. Maybe that in progress Bear DNA study will show opportunity for harvest.