Calgary AB NG

Busted

FNG
Hi there,

New guy from Alberta here, been lurking for a while. New to hunting in AB (grew up hunting in BC). Looking forward to learning the lay of the land. Training for archery elk in the fall and sheep in 2023.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

ozyclint

WKR
Welcome. I have a friend in Calgary who I have hunted with both here in Australia and there in Alberta. Water buffalo and black bear.

I have been to both BC and AB. Both beautiful in their own ways. Was really impressed with the fishing in AB. Walleye, pike and cutthroats. Had a great session on pike and walleye at Wabuman Lake on both lure and fly. The Pickle Jar lakes were spectacular and a great spot for cutthroats on fly. Small fish but hungry!

OP
B

Busted

FNG
Welcome. I have a friend in Calgary who I have hunted with both here in Australia and there in Alberta. Water buffalo and black bear.

I have been to both BC and AB. Both beautiful in their own ways. Was really impressed with the fishing in AB. Walleye, pike and cutthroats. Had a great session on pike and walleye at Wabuman Lake on both lure and fly. The Pickle Jar lakes were spectacular and a great spot for cutthroats on fly. Small fish but hungry!
Yeah the fishing can be excellent. I love mountain lakes/streams on the fly. My day out fishing doubles as scouting for hunting that way, hard to beat. Plus the backdrops are incredible.