FNG from TX headed to AR

miket

FNG
FNG here, have lived in TX my entire 49yrs, but moving to North Central Arkansas early next year. Been lurking for a while, but just joined.

Im retiring next year and looking forward to hunting the west for mule deer and elk ( archery ) but have a lot of learning to do. Cant sit and stare at a feeder for another second of my life. Avid turkey hunter and love stalking anything stalkable.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new TX member.

Eddie

rayporter

WKR
some time in the late 80's we were eating dinner the day before packing in and a pair of guys eating next to us overheard and struck up a conversation. they had just retired and were elk hunting for the first time. green, old and wore out but they were going. i always thought that was a sad thing that they waited until retiring before going. the snow was DEEP, the mountain was steep and it was cold.

OP
M

miket

FNG
some time in the late 80's we were eating dinner the day before packing in and a pair of guys eating next to us overheard and struck up a conversation. they had just retired and were elk hunting for the first time. green, old and wore out but they were going. i always thought that was a sad thing that they waited until retiring before going. the snow was DEEP, the mountain was steep and it was cold.

Thank you everyone.

I do regret waiting so long, thankfully I am decent shape and have no particular structural issues yet. I handicapped myself by marrying early and going into a trade rather than getting educated so money and time were an issue. Divorces didnt help haha. My kids ( 3 ) all lived with me throughout and my youngest is 17 now so Im about to be free.

On top of that I started a business in 2013 that took all of my time. ALL of my time. I haven't had a full week off since 2017. But it has allowed me to retire early so this is it.

I live in NW Arkansas. North Central AR is beautiful and has excellent fishing and good hunting opportunities in its own right. Maybe not as big or as many animals as other places but some unique opportunities.