California X6A

mireland62887

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone hunted there? I've hunted X8 and X7A, but never X6A. I have three scouting trips planned prior to the opener, but was hoping to hear from someone that has experience in the country. I have some ideas of where to start, but am really looking to pack in. I don't mind the work.

I'm headed up there solo, so if there are any other solo tag holders going up, I wouldn't mind putting something together.

There is some private land in the eastern part of the zone. I've seen outfitters that operate there. I'm not interested in that, but I'd consider reasonable trespass fee.

PM's are fine. Not looking for anyone to give up there X.

Never hunted it, but good luck on the tag! Hope to see some scouting pictures of some good bucks.

Did you have any luck on this hunt? I can see this is an older post but I drew X6A this season, 2023, and going at it solo as well? I am new to hunting, 2years, and am looking forward to it! Any advice will be appreciated? I was told to start around Wildcat Ridge. Not looking for trophies or secret spots...just an opportunity at a first buck. thanks.

Anyone hunted there? I've hunted X8 and X7A, but never X6A. I have three scouting trips planned prior to the opener, but was hoping to hear from someone that has experience in the country. I have some ideas of where to start, but am really looking to pack in. I don't mind the work.

I'm headed up there solo, so if there are any other solo tag holders going up, I wouldn't mind putting something together.

There is some private land in the eastern part of the zone. I've seen outfitters that operate there. I'm not interested in that, but I'd consider reasonable trespass fee.

PM's are fine. Not looking for anyone to give up there X.
curious how u did. I grew up around this unit and it can produce good bucks with some scouting. It is a large unit so u can check many areas. As of 2023 there are 2 resident wolf packs. Deer behavior is changing. I plan on putting my grandfather in in 2024. There are a lot of roads and since he is a 83 years old I would be looking in easy to access areas.