New guy from California

I expect this one to be skipped over with “California” in the title. New to hunting three years ago. No friends or family that hunt so this has been a pretty solo endeavor. Being in California doesn’t make it any easier, but hoping to get a leg up learning from people here.

Attachments

• IMG_2665.jpeg
    IMG_2665.jpeg
    283.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3515.jpeg
    IMG_3515.jpeg
    471 KB · Views: 51

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new CA member.

Eddie

P.S. You sir, are awarded the highly coveted FNG ⭐ for the day for including pix with your intro and recognizing up front what a whacked out state you live in even if it is beyond beautiful.

P.P.S. To date, the only intro that gets skipped in my officially unofficial capacity is for the poster to tell us what their preferred pronouns are in their intro. :LOL:

OP
Trevor_Luescher
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new CA member.

Eddie

P.S. You sir, are awarded the highly coveted FNG ⭐ for the day for including pix with your intro and recognizing up front what a whacked out state you live in even if it is beyond beautiful.

P.P.S. To date, the only intro that gets skipped in my officially unofficial capacity is for the poster to tell us what their preferred pronouns are in their intro. :LOL:

I humbly accept the FNG star and will cherish it for the next six hours.

Western_hunter87

Lil-Rokslider
cali is hard hunting but tons of public land and national forrest. bear hunting should be a treat here. wild pigs on public is almost a myth and AO tags let you really reach out to almost where ever and whatever unit. lots of fun spots of big game and ducks and other game birds. welcome to the california party

Welcome to Rokslide!

Cali is a big state, you may want to mention your area of the cfc state if you're looking for any general area tips.
cali is hard hunting but tons of public land and national forrest. bear hunting should be a treat here. wild pigs on public is almost a myth and AO tags let you really reach out to almost where ever and whatever unit. lots of fun spots of big game and ducks and other game birds. welcome to the california party
I shot a ferral pig on Cali public land 3 weeks ago. My buddy and I see them pretty regularly. Granted, finding a good public land spot has been hard earned.

OP
Trevor_Luescher
Welcome to Rokslide!

Cali is a big state, you may want to mention your area of the cfc state if you're looking for any general area tips.

I shot a ferral pig on Cali public land 3 weeks ago. My buddy and I see them pretty regularly. Granted, finding a good public land spot has been hard earned.
Thanks. I’m in the SF Bay Area, but open to driving just about anywhere north of Santa Barbara county for good hunting.

I saw a ton of pigs on a big plot of private land last year but almost never see them on public!

Thanks. I’m in the SF Bay Area, but open to driving just about anywhere north of Santa Barbara county for good hunting.

I saw a ton of pigs on a big plot of private land last year but almost never see them on public!
You've got a lot of pigs around you. You've got some good pig country south of you in the coastal range to the central valley. Good country north of you from the coast to the central valley. If you spend enough time looking for pigs, you'll come across bucks.

As for me, I'm pretty far south of you.

OP
Trevor_Luescher
Hi, welcome. Where is California located in the world?

Serious note, I actually would love to hunt some areas of CA, absolutely gorgeous country.
It is located in our governor’s pocket at the moment.

But yes, we have some beautiful country!