Camo Newb, Need Suggestions

Decided to take up archery hunting this year. I've been using hand me down camos from my brother up to this point but its starting to get chilly. I'm from MO and we all know what midwest weather is like. For now I will predominantly be hunting whitetail out of stands but may do some duck hunting and turkey hunting. I have plenty of warm clothes from my other hobbies(backpacking,climbing etc.) but nothing really suitable for staying hidden. I'm thinking about taking my existing clothes and just getting some camo pants and a jacket for my outer layer. Maybe just a jacket and wear some tan hiking pants.

I've been eyeing the Hell's Canyon Speed stuff from browning, Love the A-tacs camo patterns. I've also checked out the offerings from first lite, kuiu, sitka and some of the budget brands as well. I like sitka the best but after checking everything out that just left me overwhelmed. I think I want to keep it as versatile as possible in hopes of not needing to purchase any more camo until I know for sure if I am in it for the long haul. Maybe just some basic camo pants with a lightweight breathable windproof jacket? I was hoping to keep my overall purchases under $200 but that is flexible if necessary to get quality stuff. Not opposed to used either.

Currently I have patagonia capilene air top and bottoms, patagonia R1, nano puff, black marmot precip, montbell frost smoke parka, OR ferrosi jacket

Please recommend me some jackets and pants and help me figure out my layering situation! Thanks in advance.

Last edited: