Thoughts on ASAT clothing

Sean1

FNG
I am looking to upgrade my hunting clothes. Mostly eastern whitetail tree stand hunting. I will also be hunting elk on a backcountry horse trip next year in October in Montana.

I have looked at Sitka, Kuiu and First Lite. I’m sure they are all very good but also very expensive.

I have picked up some Black Ovis base layers so far.

What are your thoughts on the newer ASAT camo as far as quality and its ability to the job we need?

The outerwear has been junk. The merino stuff is okay. You would be better off with Nomad (40% off now), Huntworth or Natural Gear. Maybe even Scentlok with the sales. Code of Silence is on sale now too. All are better than ASAT.

iddi53

FNG
I have had the high wood hoody for a few years now.
It's very warm so it goes on after the hike in. It has held up to briars, thickets, tall sage and other brush with only minor pilling on the sleeves from hitchhikers.

Crahnx

FNG
The couple of items I had faded. That said, this was many years ago. I just can’t over their logo and the use of yellow everywhere on the new stuff.

bentarrow

FNG
I have used it 4 yrs. Deer or elk. Works great. Most camps blob out. Asat blends.
My opinion. Great stuff.

recam1024

FNG
I started using ASAT in 1989 or 90 (Northeastern bowhunting). Got my 1st outfit (brushed cotton) from Brigade Quartermasters, then (fleece) from Day One Camouflage & First Lite (wool) when they licensed it. Had more Day One pieces than anything. The Day One was well made & durable. I did end up getting the 3D Leafy Suit from the current ASAT owners & that's been good for what it is.