Camojojo Trace cell camera..... Anyone used them? So far seems very good.

Sapcut

WKR
I recently saw the fairly new Camojojo Trace cellular camera online and bought one to try. I have been using trail cameras since the 35 mm Camtrakker in 1998. Nearly every day since then I've used many different brands of cameras on client's land in my wildlife and land management business. So far I have liked this camera enough to work a deal with the company to use in my business. They actually gave me a discount code to give anyone that would like to buy one as well.

The best thing about it is it sends videos like other cameras send pictures. And it sends videos or pictures immediately. I mean immediately. Consistently transmits good quality 10 second videos or pictures quicker than any camera I've used by far. Battery life seems to be very good even when sending videos. I haven't seen any talk about these cameras yet so I thought I would chime in about what I know so far. Regular price on Amazon is less than $100 before discount.

Never looked into cellular much, is there a monthly data plan or similar, basically what’s monthly cost?

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
I forgot to mention it also has live stream where you can get a live view at any time you tap LIVE.
Also, no SD card to worry about

Monthly
$4.99 for 300 pics or videos,
$7.99 for 800 pics/videos, 10 HD upgrades, 10 minutes of live view stream
$11.99 for unlimited pics/videos, 20 HD upgrade, 20 minutes live stream
All have 365 days of cloud storage
Paying yearly is a bit cheaper per month

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
I haven't tried to actually get photos from the cloud. What you can do that is very convenient is to press "download" under the video/pic on the app and it saves video/pics to your phone camera roll. With other cameras with just pictures you can always just screen shot it and it will go to camera roll. But with this one you can send videos to phone by "download" option.

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
curious on your thoughts about these cameras? very interested in them. im using spypoints rights now. i really like the looks of these. would love to talk to you about these
I have been using these cameras for a few weeks now. Overall I really like them. I am also using the solar panel with it. It never gets off 100% so the variable of replacing batteries is no longer. Without the solar panel one camera has done very well with battery usage and another one not good enough. It may be the PIR delay setting differences and just me using the video setting the entire time. May be just a techinal issue but the customer service communication has been excellent.

I have several Spypoint cameras as well and just got off the phone with them about a few of mine not sending pics quickly after being triggered. That never has happened with the Camojojo cameras. They transmit videos surprisingly very quickly. And they are of good quality. The HD version is a little better but all are better than the Spypoint pics and videos.

Another nice benefit of the Live streaming feature is you can check the weather in real time. Like before going to the property you can check if its raining or windy or the creek water level in a flood plain, etc. Also, if animals haven't triggered the camera at a feeder, you can live stream to see if feeder is empty or pigs or bears have destroyed it or whatever may have happened. It does give you nice options of not having to drive or walk to camera to get answers.

The material and construction of the camera seems very stout and durable. It has a unique antenna that seems to maximize surface area but less vulnerable to getting broken or swinging downward, unlike the FLEX camera. The bracket it slides onto that is strapped to the tree is nice to have, similar to the Spypoint Link Evo bracket.

In the land business I am in I have used a pile of cameras and although I currently do like this Camojojo camera and the video transmitting, I do have some good ideas to improve it and I think would make it much better camera and competitor in the business.

The discount code I have should still work if you decide to buy one.

Got this fox again last night on his regular travel route in my yard.

Last edited:

BLJ

WKR
@Sapcut What solar panel are you using? Have you had any issues with them in inclement weather? Thanks.

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
@Sapcut What solar panel are you using? Have you had any issues with them in inclement weather? Thanks.
I'm using the Camojojo double panel right now. It folds up nicely and attaches with a bracket to just slide the panel onto the tree. No issues due to weather so far.

BLJ

WKR
I'm using the Camojojo double panel right now. It folds up nicely and attaches with a bracket to just slide the panel onto the tree. No issues due to weather so far.

Thank you. I’ve been looking for something a little more affordable than the other brands to suit my particular needs. These look pretty good. I may send you a PM soon to discuss a little more. Thanks.

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
I used Live Stream feature here to see how this water level is changing with big rain event. Can also record the video or take snap shot of live stream.

D1404111-5ED2-4BD3-88E4-EFDD7269821F.jpeg

Dlogan601

FNG
I’ve got issues with mine right out of the box! Saying needs to update firmware but it’s been 2 days and no update at all. I’ve tried restarting resting formatting the whole nine yards

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
I’ve got issues with mine right out of the box! Saying needs to update firmware but it’s been 2 days and no update at all. I’ve tried restarting resting formatting the whole nine yards
Did you update thru the app? I have updated mine by clicking update and it has taken like 1-2 minutes.

Dlogan601

FNG
Camojojo swinetastic

I’ve updated called emailed everything possible. The camera works flawlessly but won’t go live. I’ve tried everything and it loads to 94% and then it fails. Other than the live mode it works great.

OSUsmokey

Lil-Rokslider
Mine did this as well. After updating firmware and app I had to physically reconnect the camera to my account through the app by touching my phone to the magic spot on the camera and live feed has worked since then as long as my phone is on a great cell/wifi connection

Personally my only gripe with this camera is that in a 2 or 3 shot burst mode you only get to see the first photo. The others are stored on the internal card, but there is no way to pull them without going to the camera and downloading the photos

Last edited: