Can anyone make a recommendation for a large high quality pack cover ? I have a Kifaru Dall and am considering buying a Kifaru pack cover but it

Gone4Days

WKR
LOL ok your not following.... you ever think to use multiple dry bags inside your back pack for stuff like you've mentioned.... then when it rains you put the rain cover over to protect your backpack from getting wet. and yea i realize shoulder straps, hip belt still gets wet but the actual bag stays dry. whoever does any sort of serious backcountry hunting should know to put all their gear in dry bags inside your backpack regardless and another nice thing about rain covers you can leave your backpack outside the tent vestibule while its pissing rain. I've done it many times on multiple sheep hunts and have never woken up to a wet backpack.
use both? go for it. I don’t.

Gone4Days

WKR
Either you haven’t backpacked in very much wet weather or you’re just not being smart. A soaked through pack is awful. Heavy, wet, cold, takes forever to dry…
I have. Been backpacking or hunting with my ULA Circuit, EXO K3 and my Waymark Thru. Never used a pack cover. I use nylofume bag liners. Don’t take my word for it. Go visit backpackinglight forums. Lots use pack liners.

Last edited: