Can we steal a idea from Reddit

cgasner1

WKR
Some of the Reddit sub forms have requirements to be able to reply and post in that forum is there any way we can head that way with this forum to get away for the first post please tell me what road to camp on and where I can shoot a bull from my atv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
cgasner1

cgasner1

WKR
That’s turning into about half of the forum

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
A simple paragraph accompanying the newbie's registration email explaining this would go a long way. It can be welcoming, friendly and helpful all at the same time. Why wouldn't RS do this?

Think about the newbs (and there are many) that come on, are excited to join, make their first post (asking for locations etc.) and are bombarded with crap. If they had half a clue, they wouldn't do it! They don't know what they don't know. In turn, they are turned off by the not so warm welcome, and have a bad taste in their mouth and leave with the wrong impression of what this place really is.

Ah hell-what do I know. Just my 2 cents

A simple paragraph accompanying the newbie's registration email explaining this would go a long way. It can be welcoming, friendly and helpful all at the same time. Why wouldn't RS do this?

Think about the newbs (and there are many) that come on, are excited to join, make their first post (asking for locations etc.) and are bombarded with crap. If they had half a clue, they wouldn't do it! They don't know what they don't know. In turn, they are turned off by the not so warm welcome, and have a bad taste in their mouth and leave with the wrong impression of what this place really is.

It needs to be in big print, and the click to agree button at the end of it.

I never read emails, I'd miss it.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member

People don't read. With how many people post about trying to get into the classifieds or post businesses stuff without being a sponsor even though they've checked the I agree explaining how to handle those things, it seems people just won't read.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
People don't read. With how many people post about trying to get into the classifieds or post businesses stuff without being a sponsor even though they've checked the I agree explaining how to handle those things, it seems people just won't read.
Right on, I hear ya. But....those who are WILLFULLY ignoring what your referencing are doing so to circumvent being a sponsor-costing $$-and probably play dumb when caught.

On the other hand, Bobbie-Joe Newbster, has no real skin in the game other than wanting info. So he may play by the rules a bit more than the above mentioned derelict?

However, I am seemingly putting too much thought into this myself.....its Beer:30 Gents!

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The people advertising business stuff with no sponsorship sucks, your just burning people with small businesses like me that pay for the privilege!

Most draw results are out… so everyone’s asking about areas they are headed to. I talk to a lot
of people on here and have acquaintances that I share info back and forth. It’s quite helpful.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
The people advertising business stuff with no sponsorship sucks, your just burning people with small businesses like me that pay for the privilege!

Most draw results are out… so everyone’s asking about areas they are headed to. I talk to a lot
of people on here and have acquaintances that I share info back and forth. It’s quite helpful.

We try and nip it in the bud as it's not fair to guys like you. I've deleted threads and guys will swear up and down it's not advertising their company, as they clearly are advertising their company.

OP
cgasner1

cgasner1

WKR
For the love of God please don't let rokslide be anything like that sespool reddit

I agree but there is requirement for being able to post in classifieds why not make it just to post in general so people have to get involved in the conversation that are already going before they post hey I managed to pull this tag and have never seen in the wild what now

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
I agree but there is requirement for being able to post in classifieds why not make it just to post in general so people have to get involved in the conversation that are already going before they post hey I managed to pull this tag and have never seen in the wild what now

A mod can prove me wrong but you’d think the more volume of users and posts this site has the better it is for business. Sponsors are probably paying forums at a rate of users/traffic thus they love the newb one time post and ghost…

CorbLand

WKR

I like the posting rules for the classifieds but it has its downsides. Look at all the 2-3 year old threads that get brought back up by someone with 1 post and all they say is "I agree" or "Funny stuff."