Can you beat the Rock Chucker Supreme?

Forster CoAx? I lucked out and found one at Precision Reloading a month ago, but it’s about $100 north of a RC or Rebel, and the don’t have free shipping...
Really though, once you get a good single stage press that works, ya should need a pretty good reason to buy another one, cuz the job is pretty straight forward and they last forever. I’ve got friends that have reloaded on Rock Chuckers forever and they load/shoot a lot.

I’m just starting go out but know from my other hobbies, now that I’ve got a press I’ve got plenty of other gear to fine tune for my loading, shooting and hunting without pondering how long I’ll have the press that I’ve got...forever.

MtnW

Lil-Rokslider
. I was looking at all brands and found out that all the RCBS presses are made in China, I eliminated them immediately.

If RCBS is making their presses in communist China , that would be a reason I would never purchase a new RCBS unit. Sad so many hunting related companies and retailers are supporting the CCP. If we all back off supporting manufacturers and retailers supporting the Chinese Communist Party we can have a impact on our children’s future and send a message to the USA retailers and companies making their products in communist China.
Do sportsmen not care that China is out for world dominance and the elimination of the free world?
Very happy with my USA made Lee Precision Cast.
MtnW

Calbuck

WKR
My rock chucker never says a word. I put the wrong stuff in there and nothing. It allows it. No questioning, no complaining. I prefer that type of relationship.
Seriously though, I have never felt a reason to change what I"m doing. My rounds kill and never fail. What more could you ask for? Unless you're lazy maybe. Never considered where its made. I thought RCBS was made in Oroville, Ca?

Mosby

WKR
I prefer the Forster Co Ax to the Rock Chucker. I loaded on a Rock Chucker for over 25 years but gave it to a nephew after buying the Forster. I like the ability to snap dies in and out and its a better set up for my left handed son but you won't find them for under $200. If I was buying an RCBS press, I would pay a little more and buy a Summit or a US made Redding Boss.

I use to go to the Super Shoot in Ohio and saw some of the top shooters in the country loading with every brand of press imaginable. A lot of them were cheap, single stage Lee presses. If I was limited by cost, I would buy a Lee and not worry about it. They work.

The quality of the dies and brass is every bit as important as the press IMO.

Surprising bit of love for the lee classic cast. That is the only press I've ever owned and have zero complaints.

It used to bounce around the country with me in a dusty trailer and I never did a lick of cleaning or maint. It's just starting to get a little squeaky and grainy feeling so I better take it apart and wipe it down finally.

I dont think you can go wrong with Lee Classic cast, rock chucker, MEC marksman, or the frankford arsenal coaxial.

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
RCBS presses are not made in China any longer. I was corrected by someone more knowledgeable than me about that fact and he proved it.

Don P

FNG
I have an original Bonanza coax, (now Forster) bought it in 1971, recently borrowed a RC IV from a friend. RCBS is great little press, it allows the use of a micrometer seating die for my 300 WM, will not fit under the handle of my old Bonanza. The coax has probably loaded 6-7000 rounds with not a problem. Enjoy your reloading experience, buy once, smile lots.

dla

WKR
Is there anything else out there in sub 200 range that is better than the chucker? My cheap single stage just isn’t getting it done for precision seating and it’s time to start looking for something that can get me a little more consistency. Would like to stay under 200 unless there is a very good reason to go higher. I’m looking for a single stage only.
Lee Classic Turret is the better press.

I use and prefer RCBS and have been using their products for 16 years.

I have a JR, a RC II, and now a Turret. I have used Lyman, Hornady, Lee, Dillion, Forster. My reloading partner uses the last two on the list and he really likes them, however I do not.

Of all the stuff I use - personally have found all of them to have some issues.

99% of my bench is RCBS because I personally have the least amount of issues with their products. Its just my personal preference.

I use the RC II in conjunction with a full Inline Fabrication set up and I use the Turret for loading Pistol in a Single round progressive method so I can watch each set. It is a bit slower than a full progressive, but I have less deviation from round to round. this way,

Plus side is all of this costs hundreds less than a Dillion set up and I just fine with that!!!!!

If i had to pick something else besides RCBS, I will freely admit I'd choose Lee equipment!

I have a hornady lock and load that makes accurate ammo and quick die changes with the bushings. Also have a Redding turret press but those are over $200 now.

AZmark

WKR
I bought a rockchucker when they first came out in the late 70's. Just a couple years ago I gave it to my son and nows he's putting it to work. I bought the Rockchucker supreme and its also a great press. You cant go wrong with either.

Capizzo

FNG
For resizing brass, I still use my 1972 RCBS JR2 single stage and it will last my lifetime.

I also use arbor press with force pack for seating bullets which has several advantages.
Searching old threads for some information.. haha. I just inherited a JR2. Is that sufficient to get going on reloading? Or should i upgrade for Christmas haha.