Canada Bear hunt

bigv

Lil-Rokslider
Myself and a couple pals are ready to sign for a guided Canada Bear hunt. We're from South Dakota so wondering if anyone can recommend a quality outfit within driving distance? I'm thinking MB or ONT? Not looking for just a average ol hunt. Looking for better quality bears etc. Anyone with ideas or leads? I've got a few but want as many as possible before booking one. thanks

Spring or Fall hunt? For spring Manitoba or saskatchewan are probably the best bets with the biggest bears, lots of outfitters in both provinces, do not know any personally but check references and reputations and there are lots of great outfits to choose from.
But spring hunts are your best bet for a good hunt with big boars.

wilydawg

Lil-Rokslider
I've been on a number of spring bear hunts in Manitoba. I can give you lots of info, but if you're interested it's probably better to have you PM me your phone number so I can call you vs. me trying to type a book here!

wily

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
Shot a nice 250 and 300 pound bear in Ontario in fall a couple years back near the English River. Saw a ton of bears however if you are looking for big bears, 400 plus this is not the area.

OFFHNTN

WKR
Do you have a budget in mind?
I have a couple I can recommend. One is full for this spring, the other just text me last night saying he has 2 spots that came open for 2019. Both are in southern Manitoba so not a bad drive for you.

Cobie33

FNG
I also have been to SK and MB several times from Iowa. PM me your number and we can discuss as well if you wish.

Check out Jarrett @ northpoint outfitters in northern ab. See some great bears come out of his camps over the years and him and his guides go over and above to accommodate and you and make sure your happy.

https://www.facebook.com/Northpointoutfitters/

Let him know ryan with the boneyardtv sent you and he will even help you out even more.

Praxeus

Lil-Rokslider
I have been on numerous spring hunts in Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan. Most of the big skulls coming from these areas. After spending many a spring up north this is what I recommend:

1. References....and I mean the good and the bad. This will give you more than enough info

2. Avoid "cheap" hunts. Im all about saving money but wary of guys who can do it better and "cheaper". Almost always- you get way you pay for.

3. Go deep. I almost always prefer hunting deep into the bush. Personally, I like hunting out of a wall tent or remote cabin site. Thats where the big boys hang out.

4. Be prepared. Take a thermacell or 2. Wear rubber boots. De-odorize your clothing/ body.

5. Be a good shot. Nothing worse than a wounded trophy that is never recovered.

Do not hunt with Gathering Lakes Outfitters in ontario. Unless you want a bag of popcorn hung over an empty barrel 25 feet from your wooden platform. Oh how i wish i couldve not done that

Myself and a couple pals are ready to sign for a guided Canada Bear hunt. We're from South Dakota so wondering if anyone can recommend a quality outfit within driving distance? I'm thinking MB or ONT? Not looking for just a average ol hunt. Looking for better quality bears etc. Anyone with ideas or leads? I've got a few but want as many as possible before booking one. thanks

If you should ever decide on New Brunswick stay away from Haley Brook Outfitters in Riley Brook. Spent a week there and didn't see a bear !!!! Never will go back there. Going this month again but further North. Good luck !