Canvas tent clean up

Tyler_son

FNG
Hey guys, wondering if anyone has a solution to clean up fly spots on a canvas tent? Long story short I found a used one in "excellent condition", drove 3.5 hours, seemed good shape even though I saw a few of these spots. We met in a parking lot so I wasn't able to set it up and have a good look. It appears the previous owner has some flies or lady bugs seek shelter in the fold of the door and made a mess. It's really just on the door and I would like to clean it up. Its a 12x15 davis with rain fly and a 8' porch.

Attachments

• 20230828_192007.jpg
    20230828_192007.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 20230828_192018.jpg
    20230828_192018.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 31

BadEarth

Lil-Rokslider
Every few years I set up my wall tent and pressure wash inside and outside. Takes a long time but you wouldn’t believe the color change once you’re done. Just all of the smoke and dust that material absorbs.

TA442

FNG
Hey guys, wondering if anyone has a solution to clean up fly spots on a canvas tent? Long story short I found a used one in "excellent condition", drove 3.5 hours, seemed good shape even though I saw a few of these spots. We met in a parking lot so I wasn't able to set it up and have a good look. It appears the previous owner has some flies or lady bugs seek shelter in the fold of the door and made a mess. It's really just on the door and I would like to clean it up. Its a 12x15 davis with rain fly and a 8' porch.
LA’s Totally Awesome All Purpose Cleaner dissolves fly spots like magic from the plastic siding of my house.. Basically zero scrubbing. Can’t comment on what effect it would have on Sunforger Canvas, cotton or the WP treatment, though.

OP
T

Tyler_son

FNG
I'll give the LA's totally awsome a try on a small spot to see what it does on the canvas followed by a long rinse.

TA442

FNG
I'll give the LA's totally awsome a try on a small spot to see what it does on the canvas followed by a long rinse.
Let me know how it works. I just bought a canvas tent and I’ll probably have the same issue.