Cape Buffalo Packing Some Lead

gbflyer

WKR
Interesting to watch. One guy with a double and the other with a bolt. Looked like the bolt guy had a FTF or maybe a reload. Bet those fellas needed a fresh pair of shorts. Perhaps a charge where the semi auto/RMR might have really shined. Apologies if this has been posted. Copied from elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will_m

WKR
Man, I hate to say it but not really.

African safaris are such a joke and what a bunch of losers. That was 100% shooting a pissed off piece of livestock.

Don’t go to Africa and pretend like you are anything but somebody paying to play some game.

Truly no offense to guys that do it. I think it could be a lot of fun, but don’t you dare pretend that you are a hunter of any sort of grade. You are, at best, a rifleman.

TxxAgg

WKR

African safaris are such a joke and what a bunch of losers. That was 100% shooting a pissed off piece of livestock.

Don’t go to Africa and pretend like you are anything but somebody paying to play some game.

Truly no offense to guys that do it. I think it could be a lot of fun, but don’t you dare pretend that you are a hunter of any sort of grade. You are, at best, a rifleman.
Not a real open minded fella are you? :)

OP
G

gbflyer

WKR

Livestock as in some sort of high fence operation? Not sure but wouldn’t be surprised. Either way the buff was getting after them pretty good. As far as Hunter/rifleman, if your point is someone is being led by someone else that knows more about it then I agree. Kinda like a guided elk hunt in Montana on private land. I’ve never been to Africa and if I did go it would be for a couple plains-type critters and a wine tour. Lol.

OMF

Lil-Rokslider
Tough to watch for me from the perspective of a humane, quick kill. This is the kind of stuff I DON'T like to see in boobtube. Great "ammo" for anti hunters.

Amos Keeto

Lil-Rokslider

LOL!
Whether it's a po'd range bull in a fenced pasture in South Texas or a free range Cape bull in South Texas intent on your demise, about the only difference is that most ranch owners don't carry double rifles around. Not that range bulls can't be that tenacious, but punching magnum holes in $10k to $20k livestock isn't good for your topline on the farm!
No, it isn't hunting, but rural Americans are killed by their "pet" (?) bull or horse every year.
Animals that size are just unpredictable.

FNG
This site would be so much more enjoyable if people weren’t constantly whining about different regional hunting practices, especially when they are completely uneducated on the subject. It makes it difficult to spend much time here.

3d556d430343d36134440c7820f987d9.jpg

That’s a bit different than the way Monty Browning did it.

Will_m is entitled to his opinion, and it probably applies to some safaris, but not everyone going to Africa is just “shooting Ol’ Bessie”.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Yall do know people die every year from cape buffalo right?
They are dangerous in a neutral mood.
They dont call them black death for kicks.
That PH was fixing to get real hurt. He was extremely lucky.
You don't even have to be hunting them to get charged by them. You could be tracking something unrelated.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I gather the Buffalo was wounded (hunter apologized to ph "sorry i put you in that position", possibly a poor first shot). The two follow up shots by the hunter emptied his rifle.

ODB

WKR

What is your experience/ knowledge base on hunting in various countries in Africa to make this claim?

FNG
Sure looked like he hit both of them the first shot

The first shot was a disaster. Too high and back, and yeah, with another animal behind. That said, kudos to the hunter for not panicking and continuing to put good shots on the charging buff, even having to reload. He knew he messed up, and his first words afterword to the PH were “I’m sorry to put you in that position”. Things don’t always go right, especially hunting dangerous game, but he recovered.

Amateur hour. Surprised one of the blokes didn't take a round with all the great marksmanship going on. Ugly on a lot of fronts.

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah - I am sure he would like to take that first shot back.

Reactions: 686